Blueberry (Vaccinium)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blueberry (Vaccinium)

Post  JimLewis on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Here is a blueberry. Rescued from my garden after I mowed over it a few years ago. Vaccinium corymbosum

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Re: Blueberry (Vaccinium)

Post  my nellie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Whenever I see healthy live moss on the bonsai soil I always admire it but I have never managed to grow some of it into my pots....

my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:19 pm

It's hard to avoid moss there, but I know how dry Greece is; we've spent quit a bit of time on Rhodes.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

blueberry vaccinium

Post  moyogijohn on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:42 pm

JIM,, The blueberry looks nice !! do you let it fruit?? i found a smaller one and potted it up but it is not as far along as yours,,,just popping buds..i never done one so thought i would give it a try... take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Yes. It fruits. We have a dozen plants out in the garden. We add the fruits from this one to the pot to be frozen and made into blueberry cobbler and blueberry pie over the year. At least we do unless I get to them before Jackie does.

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:49 am

JimLewis wrote: ... ...we've spent quit a bit of time on Rhodes.
Most wellcome to visit Greece again! Very Happy

PS: pay no attention to mass media....

my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:18 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum