Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai in Holland

4 posters

Go down

Bonsai in Holland Empty Bonsai in Holland

Post  DenisL Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Hello my Dutch friends. I travel to Holland often during the year on business and I usually have Sundays available for myself. I stay in the Ultrech/Arnhem/Doetinchem area - East side of the country. I was wondering if there is any Bonsai action around that area. Like nurseries, museums, shows, places to see, etc...

Anything there for people interested in Bonsai, in that general area of the country? If so, please give me some hints, or websites, to check please. Thanks...
DenisL
DenisL

Back to top Go down

Bonsai in Holland Empty Re: Bonsai in Holland

Post  Hans van Meer. Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Javaliman wrote:Hello my Dutch friends. I travel to Holland often during the year on business and I usually have Sundays available for myself. I stay in the Ultrech/Arnhem/Doetinchem area - East side of the country. I was wondering if there is any Bonsai action around that area. Like nurseries, museums, shows, places to see, etc...

Anything there for people interested in Bonsai, in that general area of the country? If so, please give me some hints, or websites, to check please. Thanks...

Hi my American friend! Smile The place to visit in Holland is Lodder Bonsai center: http://www.lodderbonsai.nl/ . This is one of the largest and most complete Bonsai center in Europe! Also and in the same place you will find the Hoka-en-Bonsai studio: http://www.lodderbonsai.nl/hoka-en/index.html . This large Bonsai complex is close to Utrecht and is easy to find! If you want to see someting amazing, you should visit Lodder! They have everything you could ever think of!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Hello Javilaman.
A second option would be the show held by the Dutch Bonsai federation to memorize the occasion of the founding 40 years ago.
Sept. 22 - 23 this year.
The adres is dok Zuid 1e Wormenseweg 460 Apeldoorn
Info. http://40jaar.bonsainederland.nl
Sunip

Last edited by sunip on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  DenisL Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Thank you Hans. Awesome...I am going to try to make it there next time. The English translation in the website did not work for me. I have been to The Netherlands so many times, I REALLY should learn how to speak Dutch one of these days. All the Dutch people speaking English spoil me Very Happy
DenisL
DenisL

Back to top Go down

Post  DenisL Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi Sunip, it is possible that I will be In The Netherlands in September. Perhaps I can schedule my business trip to coincide with the Dutch Bonsai Federation show. It would be awesome to go see it and meet some of you there in beautiful Apeldoorn!

My name is Denis by the way - When you see the little PUG avatar --> Denis!! alien
DenisL
DenisL

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaucus Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:04 pm

One thing I know about is the Pinetum De Belten in between Lochem and Vorden. It has many different varieties of pines and junipers. Nothing super impressive but maybe surprising to find in an area with small towns. There are many castles in that area as well. Some have castle gardens of some interest. I don't know if that is for something to do on Sundays while on business travel. But just something I thought out because I live near Doetinchem. As you will see on the map it is quite outside the triangle and there are probably more interesting placed inside it.

Nothing specificially bonsai releted I know of in that area.

Glaucus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down