Hoo-ray!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hoo-ray!!!!!

Post  JimLewis on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Repotting 2012 is DONE!

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Re: Hoo-ray!!!!!

Post  Kev Bailey on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Well done Jim. I must admit to being behind in my schedule, due to lots of pressures from all angles, but I thoroughly intend to get on with it soon!

Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gman on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Hey Jim....
Nicely done.....how many do you do?
Up here on the 50th I've only attempted larch (protected them as we aren't out of winter yet) Sad ....and got lots of soil made up with a some black pumice that we've just been able to get our hands on.
Cheers Graham

gman

Back to top Go down

Post  paulf on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:21 pm

waiting for the last beech to show a bit more bud before i grab him.

paulf

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:05 am

well done Jim,
i had another burst of energy yesterday and finished all deciduous bar one...
still to early for my pines though - 2 more weeks at least by the look of it. Moving house last year meant none got done, so 18 needed doing this year.

great time of year though - trees look great with new leaves and flowers

cheers Marcus

marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:32 am

Good job. I havent started, since march can be a really snowy month here in Norway. Could suddenly get another metre without warning, but we have had really warm weather for some time now, so it would be strange if it woldnt melt right away.

Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:16 pm

I think I finished just in time. It was 83 F here today. MARCH 14!!!!!! Our last frost is normally in mid April. HA! I'm afraid my one and only Thuja occidentalis is going to be VERY unhappy this summer.

This was one of my off years for repotting. Only 20 trees, plus or minus.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:31 pm

It got up to 81F here today. I have all my deciduous trees potted, and had to go buy more Turface today when I thought I had plenty lol If we have a cold snap b/w now and end of April, I'm going to have my work cut out for me protecting the new root growth. I wonder if this weather now means we're going to have a hell of a summer? Wink

Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:31 pm

JimLewis wrote:This was one of my off years for repotting. Only 20 trees, plus or minus.

haha, i said at a recent meeting "i cant wait to retire to look after more trees properly" - it raised a smile but i meant it !! 24 large trees fill all my spare time.

this year i seem to be gaining soil though, all the granular ingredients are sieving out quite cleanly and i am making sure i re-use akadama filled with mycellium-too good to waste

cheers Marcus

marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum