Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a very very crazy palmatum

+21
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
BrendanR
gman
Tona
lennard
fiona
Smithy
quatrefi
Nik Rozman
gregb
moyogijohn
hungbonsai
Rob Kempinski
abcd
marcus watts
AlainK
bonsaisr
Todd Ellis
Orion
DangerousBry
vev
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

a very very crazy palmatum Empty a very very crazy palmatum

Post  vev Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:05 pm

it's a free style
a modern bonsai ...a very very crazy palmatum _sdi1010a very very crazy palmatum _sdi1011a very very crazy palmatum _sdi1111a very very crazy palmatum P1090010a very very crazy palmatum P1100310a very very crazy palmatum P1100410
vev
vev

Back to top Go down

a very very crazy palmatum Empty Re: a very very crazy palmatum

Post  DangerousBry Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:04 pm

As mad as this tree is...... I really like it!!!
There was a red leafed semi cascade tree posted a while back that looked similar...

How did you create the "shari"??

Cheers
Bryan

Last edited by DangerousBry on Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra)
DangerousBry
DangerousBry

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:44 pm

Really cool
Orion
Orion

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:14 am

I like this tree vev. Did you create it? How tall was it when you started? How old is it? When did you create the shari? I think it looks best without the leaves. Very Happy
Best,
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

a very very crazy palmatum Empty crazy palmatum

Post  bonsaisr Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:45 am

The word is ungepatchked.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:26 am

bonsaisr wrote:The word is ungepatchked.
Iris

Du denkst "ungeshikt"? oï, oï Very Happy

Not really potrzebie, but "shari" on an Acer palmatum, hmmm ???...

It's as if forrest gump never got rid of his iron braces.

AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:21 am

'modern' techniques seem to be to let the wire scar the branches and cut in everywhere but its used on other trees and i guess the acer is as good as the junipers done this way i suppose, with more seasonal interest apart from the spiralling wire scars - for me it would be better if the scars were irregular to match the trunk. The shari will disappear under 'toothpaste worms' of callous unless it is re-cut all the time though, but there is nothing wrong at all with playing about with material like this for a bit of fun.

well done for showing the pictures

cheers Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  abcd Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:07 am

It's not realy like that, it's more technic , because the trunk movements are caused by scarring and the stress in the wood , that's the constraints that causes deformations of the trunk, not the ligatures
abcd
abcd

Back to top Go down

Post  vev Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:02 am

Hello
this tree have 8 years, i make it with a litte tree, i make the mouvement and after 5 years i make the shari, i open the shari all the years
this tree is trained(formed) by the ligature with extreme movements, it is really a game(set,play) to go in most farther of the movement, a search(research) on the fact of breaking the codes. Shari is used to stress the movements, I let them heal and I open them because I made by the material(subject) with, it is the holds of healing which interests me, it is not to remove but to make some wood with waves, it is viable in the time(weather); in fact he(it) is puzzling, it is the purpose, to make a movement crazy then to let the plant put his(its) identity of maple above, not make a triangular summit also, in brief a graphic object beyond the limits, break the codes and make a mix between Japanese and Taiwanese
thank you for your opinions(notices)
friendly

bonjour
cet arbre est formé par la ligature avec des mouvements extrêmes, c'est vraiment un jeu pour aller au plus loin du mouvement, une recherche sur le fait de casser les codes.
les shari sont utilisés pour accentuer les mouvements, je les laisse cicatriser et je les ouvre car je fait de la matière avec, c'est les cales de cicatrisation qui m'intéresse, ce n'est pas pour enlever mais pour faire du bois avec des vagues, c'est viable dans le temps;
évidement il est déroutant, c'est le but, faire un mouvement fou puis laisser la plante mettre son identité d'érable dessus, ne pas faire un sommet triangulaire aussi, bref un objet graphique au delà des limites, casser les codes et faire un mix entre le japonais et le taïwanais...
merci pour vos avis
amicalement
a very very crazy palmatum _sdi1012a very very crazy palmatum P1090011a very very crazy palmatum P1100411
vev
vev

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:29 am

Very creative. It has a very wild contorted feel reminiscent of a strange landscape like came from some alien planet. I believe it is great art (not craft). Keep at it, the ideas are wonderful.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  hungbonsai Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:18 pm

a bonsai tree is quite modern, and wonderful

hungbonsai

Back to top Go down

a very very crazy palmatum Empty Crazy palmatum

Post  bonsaisr Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:11 pm

AlainK wrote:
bonsaisr wrote:The word is ungepatchked.
Iris

Du denkst "ungeshikt"? oï, oï Very Happy
Not quite. ungeschickt is German for clumsy. I think the artist here is very adroit.
Ungepatchked is a Yiddish word that roughly translates as overbusy.
De gustibus non est disputandum. (There is no dispute about taste.)
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

a very very crazy palmatum Empty a very very crazy palmatum

Post  moyogijohn Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:05 pm

You do have one of a kind !!! though it looks really nice...i can,t understand how you did it but it worked.... take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  gregb Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:24 am

ThumbsUp I like it! Makes me want to try one thumbs up

gregb

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Rozman Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:26 pm

Interesting. ThumbsUp
Nik Rozman
Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Post  vev Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:33 am

newsa very very crazy palmatum Sdim4319a very very crazy palmatum Sdim4320
vev
vev

Back to top Go down

Post  quatrefi Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:35 am

Very nice, a piece of art !
One remark, it seems better with less foliage (even if there is folliage everywhere and not only on top) very light like a "lettré"

Très chouette, une oeuvred'art !
Une remarque, il est plus joli avec moins de feuillage (même si le feuillage n'est pas seulement au sommet de l'arbre) très léger comme un "lettré"

quatrefi

Back to top Go down

Post  vev Mon May 27, 2013 7:03 pm

newa very very crazy palmatum Dsc00010a very very crazy palmatum Dscn2613a very very crazy palmatum Dscn2710a very very crazy palmatum Dscn2711
vev
vev

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Mon May 27, 2013 10:41 pm

I like the pot, it matches the tree.

Somewhat interesting when leafless (to my mind, no more interesting than a topiary in full leaves, but of course, who am I to say that?...)

In my view, new shoots look very straight, and quite long compared to the overall size of the tree. Actually, Acer don't grow like smoke rings, they dont twist like "vipers" flutter eyelashes

I mean, they don't contort in rounded knots like some of the sights I saw when I was in my late teens after having... well, a go into artificial paradise? Embarassed

I mean:

1/ from a nature-lover point of view, your approach is very close to what bonsai-ignorant people say "bonsai is a tortured tree"

2/ from a bonsai-amateur's point of view, your approach has no respect for the natural way of thae tree.

3/ from an art-loving person who used to do macramé in the days of dope and hope, I personaly find this kind of design very cumbersome, and rather cheesy.

Pardon my French, but I really find it "kitschissime"...

Que de talent perdu, c'est vraiment dommage Crying or Very sad
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Mon May 27, 2013 11:56 pm

I love this tree! It has taken you many hours of fine bending to create this effect. I wish I was around in a nother hundred years to see it as a mature tree. Nice job; the hardest part I think is shaping the tertiary branches. My experience with maple is that they are very brittle and will break easily. The work has to be done when the new branches are still flexible; this takes a lot of planning to execute. Good job!

Last edited by Todd Ellis on Mon May 27, 2013 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added another thought)
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Smithy Tue May 28, 2013 6:59 am

I love it ,great to see someone doing things just because they enjoy what they are doing. Great skill to achieve something like this.
Smithy
Smithy

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Tue May 28, 2013 8:47 am

Alain, what's the French equivalent of the English expression "Oh no, not that old chestnut again"? Is "canard" even close?

Fact is, very few of the award-winning styled trees I see at shows look like that "trees in nature" thing and we sing their praises from the rooftops. Not sure why a stylised maple should be any different to a stylised juniper.

Let him create - he's having fun. And it's hardly as if he's killing the tree is it?
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

a very very crazy palmatum Empty Incredible

Post  lennard Tue May 28, 2013 8:04 pm

Just something incredible to the tree.

Good work.

Lennard
lennard
lennard

Back to top Go down

Post  Tona Wed May 29, 2013 3:20 am

Wow!! Great imagination!! I like it a lot!!
Tona
Tona
Tona

Back to top Go down

Post  gman Wed May 29, 2013 5:18 am

Glad to see others out there using imagination and creating something different.
Cheers Graham
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next