(Ulmus procera) English Elm No.3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(Ulmus procera) English Elm No.3

Post  Mr Miyagi on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Collected two days ago. On the usual daily dose of Rhizotonic. Came out with a fair amount of fine roots. Again in the Polly tunnel for the next month. Not much at the minuet but a nice big completely hollow trunk. Any ideas on where to chop it back to; to make a start would be appreciated.
Thanks Sam

Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

Re: (Ulmus procera) English Elm No.3

Post  PeacefulAres on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:29 pm

This reminds me of an elm that is a short distance away form where I live. It has several interesting hollows where branches must have broken(probably from a hurricane) and rotted out. I think they might even house a bee nest or two. Your tree certainly has a great deal of potential and some very beautiful features.

PeacefulAres

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:51 am

Nice. I'd chop the thin ones down to about 2" and the big one by half or 1/3 of it's current length.

Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemphis on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi!

I would chop down the two smaller brances living the bigger one alone,and hollow it completly as a continuation of the hollow trunk.
The tree ramification would be to the right in this picture,making a somewhat cascade style ramification.
The tree would look like and old man bended by the weight of the ages,even the name can result from here:"The old man"

This is the idea:

Nemphis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemphis on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:37 pm

Any progression in it?

Nemphis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:45 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down