Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help reveal the hidden form of my first bonsai..

+2
luke308
kitel
6 posters

Go down

help reveal the hidden form of my first bonsai.. Empty help reveal the hidden form of my first bonsai..

Post  kitel Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:31 am

hi to all,
After i found this site i've been fascinated and inspired.. So i decided to start making my own bonsai..
So here it is.. i found a Pithecellobium dulce and bougainvillea materials in the nursery near by,

Please help me with the style guys.. thanks in advance!!
Pithecellobium dulce, chamachille
help reveal the hidden form of my first bonsai.. Dscn1810

bougainvillea
help reveal the hidden form of my first bonsai.. Dscn1811

help reveal the hidden form of my first bonsai.. Dscn1812

please help me what to do...

kitel

Back to top Go down

help reveal the hidden form of my first bonsai.. Empty Re: help reveal the hidden form of my first bonsai..

Post  luke308 Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:01 am

Firstly the Pithecellobium dulce, chamachille needs some correction, No bonsai should ever have crossing branches or a branch that crosses the trunk. It interupts the flow of the eye. Also tidy up your wiring, where you have it like a tight rope across draws your attention away from the tree. Just my 2 cents, hope it has helped in some way or another?

luke308

Back to top Go down

help reveal the hidden form of my first bonsai.. Empty Re: help reveal the hidden form of my first bonsai..

Post  kitel Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:57 am

luke308 wrote:Firstly the Pithecellobium dulce, chamachille needs some correction, No bonsai should ever have crossing branches or a branch that crosses the trunk. It interupts the flow of the eye. Also tidy up your wiring, where you have it like a tight rope across draws your attention away from the tree. Just my 2 cents, hope it has helped in some way or another?

Thanks a lot luke308 for the corrections,
maybe i'll just cut that branch that crosses the trunk..
Can anybody provide me a visual how to style the pithecellobium tree?

kitel

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi Kitel.

Welcome "kabayan" to the forum. You will learn so much from this site.. and there are so many good people here to assists you with your bonsai, and some not so good people too, but nevertheless would help you too with your bonsai...hehehe. Razz

with regards to your camachele, the wire is not doing it any good. IMHO you should remove all the wire for now. Plant it in a bigger container or directly in the ground. it would be much bigger next year, and would probably be ready for your styling.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:55 pm

Hello,
Maybe wiring it again and let it grow to get more maturity would be good idea.
The virtual is only an example for the next move, with a later step you can go from there to the image of a more mature bonsai.
help reveal the hidden form of my first bonsai.. Untitl22
regards, Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Everyone is concentrating on your first tree. However, there is much more bonsai potential in the Bougainvillea, especially the first one.

Since you just got them, though. Let them leaf out so we can see what's going to develop, then post some new pictures. They both probably will need to be cut back a bit more, but wait until there's more green on the first one.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:35 pm

JimLewis wrote:Everyone is concentrating on your first tree. However, there is much more bonsai potential in the Bougainvillea, especially the first one.
Agree. I'd love to see a couple of additional photos of that one from different angles...especially a more "straight on" view as opposed to the view from above that you posted. Like the viewpoint you used for the Pithecellobium.
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  kitel Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Thanks to all of you..

So first thing to do is to remove my wiring from the camachille then transfer it to a bigger pot to promote growth.

I was surprised that the first bouganvillea has the most potential, I just got it for free because the trunk look so weak specially the center trunk with the wire.. should i treat the dead wood or i'll just leave it and wait for the greens to come out?

Once again thank you guys,

I will be posting another picture of bouganvillea in diff. angle.

kitel

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:19 pm

kitel wrote:I was surprised that the first bouganvillea has the most potential, I just got it for free because the trunk look so weak specially the center trunk with the wire..
Welcome to the weird world of bonsai KABAYAN! Where the gnarly, grotesque, old, and damaged plants are considered beautiful (and rightfully so). I too prefer the Bougainvilleas.

Yes, you will be surprised that the FREE stuff will sometimes have the potential to make great bonsai and could even be the best. In my (new) collection of "stumps" the freebies are really the best.

I recently purchased one Camachille (Guamuchil) here and it seem to grow fast with interesting branch bends between nodules. Ity also back bud easily...my complain is that it does with too many!!! LOL
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  kitel Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Poink88 wrote:
Welcome to the weird world of bonsai KABAYAN! Where the gnarly, grotesque, old, and damaged plants are considered beautiful (and rightfully so). I too prefer the Bougainvilleas.

Yes, you will be surprised that the FREE stuff will sometimes have the potential to make great bonsai and could even be the best. In my (new) collection of "stumps" the freebies are really the best.

I recently purchased one Camachille (Guamuchil) here and it seem to grow fast with interesting branch bends between nodules. Ity also back bud easily...my complain is that it does with too many!!! LOL

Wow so nice to see i got a lot of KABABAYAN here!

Thanks for welcoming me! Well step by step hopefully i can have an eye of a bonsai artist.. cyclops
kabayan please post a picture of your camachille..

kitel

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Hello Kitel,
You asked a virtual for the first tree, but here the second one.
You show us only one picture, so it is a reserved virtual, looking at this one i think you can easy cut back like this,
but the right and left branch could be shorter eventually.
The third one is difficult to say without pictures from the other sides and a good image of the nerbari.
Sunip Wink
help reveal the hidden form of my first bonsai.. Untitl23[/url[url=https://servimg.com/view/16274585/194]help reveal the hidden form of my first bonsai.. Untitl24

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  kitel Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:36 pm

sunip wrote:Hello Kitel,
You asked a virtual for the first tree, but here the second one.
You show us only one picture, so it is a reserved virtual, looking at this one i think you can easy cut back like this,
but the right and left branch could be shorter eventually.
The third one is difficult to say without pictures from the other sides and a good image of the nerbari.
Sunip Wink
help reveal the hidden form of my first bonsai.. Untitl23[/url[url=https://servimg.com/view/16274585/194]help reveal the hidden form of my first bonsai.. Untitl24

Thank you sunip!! Very Happy

the nebari of the third tree is not good.. maybe i'll just plant it to a bigger nursery pot and wait for development..
thanks again now i know where to cut the 2nd tree..

kitel

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:51 pm

Hello Kitel,
Maybe you can airlayer the trunk to get a better nerbari of the third tree.
The second tree may well be cut like this but i do not know how vigorous the tree is.
Sunip Wink
help reveal the hidden form of my first bonsai.. Untitl25

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down