Little Rhodie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Little Rhodie

Post  Polli on Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:35 pm

Hello Everyone,
I have been reading the forum for a while now, everyone here really knows their stuff ^.^ so many amazing trees, it has really re-spurred my instrest in bonsai again, I went to the library years ago and read most everything they had on bonsai and some on general horticulture, etc and found most of the information very conflicting and a little confusing, but reading here and following resources many members have posted, I have regained confidence in what needs to be done now ^.^
Anyhow I figured I would post up one of the projects I picked up earlier this year. I live in Michigan, United states (zone 5-6) oh, do the zone numbers equate to the same temps between the US and Europe, and others?
This is a Rhododendron Impeditum (or so the tag said =P) about 8"x11" (20cm x 28cm)

I am pretty sure he's Hardy in my area. I have heard they are a little touchy but he seems to be doing pretty good so far. If he makes it the winter I hope to re-pot him in the early spring, and then if he survives that, I was going to start really thinking on his styling and future Smile by that time, if he makes it I'm sure to have some vision hehe.
I also have an Althea (Hibiscus syriacus 'Blushing Bride') I'm hoping will make it too ^.^
My first though was a Blue Star Juniper that made it threw the winter last year, but I think I lost him due to poor soil this summer.
I would love any suggestions you guys might have on this little guy.

Polli

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum