Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Rhodie

Go down

Little Rhodie Empty Little Rhodie

Post  Polli Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:35 pm

Hello Everyone,
I have been reading the forum for a while now, everyone here really knows their stuff ^.^ so many amazing trees, it has really re-spurred my instrest in bonsai again, I went to the library years ago and read most everything they had on bonsai and some on general horticulture, etc and found most of the information very conflicting and a little confusing, but reading here and following resources many members have posted, I have regained confidence in what needs to be done now ^.^
Anyhow I figured I would post up one of the projects I picked up earlier this year. I live in Michigan, United states (zone 5-6) oh, do the zone numbers equate to the same temps between the US and Europe, and others?
This is a Rhododendron Impeditum (or so the tag said =P) about 8"x11" (20cm x 28cm)
Little Rhodie 2hp679w

Little Rhodie 18p25u

Little Rhodie 30iue5y

Little Rhodie 2qisrr7
I am pretty sure he's Hardy in my area. I have heard they are a little touchy but he seems to be doing pretty good so far. If he makes it the winter I hope to re-pot him in the early spring, and then if he survives that, I was going to start really thinking on his styling and future Smile by that time, if he makes it I'm sure to have some vision hehe.
I also have an Althea (Hibiscus syriacus 'Blushing Bride') I'm hoping will make it too ^.^
My first though was a Blue Star Juniper that made it threw the winter last year, but I think I lost him due to poor soil this summer.
I would love any suggestions you guys might have on this little guy.

Polli

Back to top Go down