Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few pictures from the Swindon Show for Dick Benbow.

+10
Ian Warhurst
Andre Beaurain
bonsai monkey
marcus watts
kauaibonsai
Todd Ellis
dick benbow
Mark Cooper
will baddeley
John Brocklehurst
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

swindon - A few pictures from the Swindon Show for Dick Benbow. - Page 2 Empty Re: A few pictures from the Swindon Show for Dick Benbow.

Post  dorothy7774 Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:28 pm

Wow, awesome! The trees too.. geek

-dorothy
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

swindon - A few pictures from the Swindon Show for Dick Benbow. - Page 2 Empty Re: A few pictures from the Swindon Show for Dick Benbow.

Post  Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:05 pm

Ian Warhurst wrote:Tony should be in a remake of the first series of Blackadder with those boots

Tell the members how many pairs of shoes you have Ian... I have seen them... last count you had over 20 pairs! woman Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Warhurst Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:06 pm

The shoes, I liked, nearly as much as the trees, it was the boots that had me goin`. Laughing Shocked

Ian Warhurst

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Beautiful trees - congrats to all the exhibitors.

In the very fist picture shown, the Kashima maple has leaves. Are these last years leaves or has the tree already leafed out for 2012? Seems a bit strange but then I'm not a maple grower.

PS. In the USA when we say "boots", the footwear has to have a vertical component up the ankle, like these rather staid items.

swindon - A few pictures from the Swindon Show for Dick Benbow. - Page 2 Cowboy10
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  John Brocklehurst Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi Rob,
This Kashima (owned by Peter Tombs) was re-potted very late in 2011 as it was overdue a re-pot and Peter Warren was booked for a workshop so the decision was made to re-pot and protect the tree over the winter.
As it happens we've had a reasonably mild winter in the UK so the tree has opened it's new leaves a couple of weeks earlier than usual.
I have a smaller one at home that will be re-potted this coming weekend as the bud are starting to open.
Kashima and Kiyo Hime are buggers for budding earlier, I've missed re-potting mine for the last 3 years as it's been under cover and started opening up before I've spotted it.

Regards
John

John Brocklehurst

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2