Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pear leafing out - cold snap coming

+14
Todd Ellis
Bob Pressler
moyogijohn
dick benbow
John Quinn
abcd
coh
Poink88
Fore
marcus watts
RKatzin
Bugeye
Tom Simonyi
JimLewis
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pear leafing out - cold snap coming - Page 2 Empty Re: Pear leafing out - cold snap coming

Post  JimLewis Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:13 pm

Probably not, Bob, but . . . .

Yves, Thanks much. It is one of MY favorites too. Since I took some off the top, it stands about 9 inches off the pot rim now.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Pear leafing out - cold snap coming - Page 2 Empty Re: Pear leafing out - cold snap coming

Post  Todd Ellis Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:29 am

Jim,
I think your pear tree is your nicest tree! Lovely shape - be proud!
Has it ever bloomed for you?

Best,
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Thanks.

Never bloomed in all the years I've had it.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:22 pm

Fall color - not as vibrant as in past years.

Pear leafing out - cold snap coming - Page 2 10-1211
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  JudyB Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Maybe not, but still gorgeous. And still my fave of yours.

JudyB

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:38 pm

Very nice tree indeed! Can't believe it is only 9 inches tall! THat's very impressive!
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  Rui Marques Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:03 pm

A very good tree, indeed!

Please, keep posting photos of fall colors.
Rui Marques
Rui Marques

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:26 pm

Rui Marques wrote:A very good tree, indeed!

Please, keep posting photos of fall colors.

Thanks. But, alas, I'm about running out of colors. Perhaps one small Japanese maple may hold its leaves long enough to show, and maybe a mame trident, but that's all. Pretty late in the season for me.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Here are two of my pear trees. The single trunk orchard pear is from an orchard in Michigan, old and 36 inches tall. The other pear (wild sand pear) has been growing on the rock for four years. I started this as a seedling in 1998.

Orchard Pear
Pear leafing out - cold snap coming - Page 2 2012-110

Sand Pear (upper right corner, right of the center White Pine)
Pear leafing out - cold snap coming - Page 2 2012-111

Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Just to complete the tree through the seasons . . .

I has been a years-long job getting a relatively coarse-branched tree of 9 inches or so to have decent ramification. I suspect this is about as good as it is going to get without the canopy becoming so dense the tree's health suffers. But we'll see.

Pear leafing out - cold snap coming - Page 2 11-24-10
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:55 pm

Can't get enough of this tree. Keep them coming. I would almost consider flying over the big lake to see it for real!
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:58 pm

Thanks, but unless it suddenly blooms some spring and then manages to keep some fruit, you've pretty much seen it through the year.

You're welcome to come see it though. Even have beds for you and your family (if it's not TOO big). <G>
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:04 pm

lol. Can't even convince my wife to come to the Noelanders show. Let alone watch bonsai (Was at Walter Palls this summer, and she wouldn't join). Will keep the offer in mind, if I ever do make it to the USA. Thx.
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  yamasuri Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:25 pm

Very nicely done ramification. I like tree a lot
yamasuri
yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  JudyB Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:31 am

Jim, you know how I feel about this one. Thank you for posting it, it's really something.

JudyB

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:27 am

Thanks, all. I really like doing the little ones.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2