Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

san diego nurseries

5 posters

Go down

san diego nurseries Empty san diego nurseries

Post  hiram Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:47 am

Fellow bonsai artist, i might be going to San Diego and I would love to visit some bonsai nurseries. Please give me some suggestions? It will be greatly appreciate it. sunny
hiram
hiram

Back to top Go down

san diego nurseries Empty Re: san diego nurseries

Post  rock Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:02 am

hiram wrote:Fellow bonsai artist, i might be going to San Diego and I would love to visit some bonsai nurseries. Please give me some suggestions? It will be greatly appreciate it. sunny

Try Cindy Read at Kuma-en
http://www.kumabonsainursery.com/
rock
rock

Back to top Go down

Post  rock Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:04 am

rock
rock

Back to top Go down

Post  bucknbonsai Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:45 am

cindys place is pretty interesting. She has thousands of trees in all stages, even just newly rooted cuttings of strange bonsai and accent plants. Its so crowded with trees that you just need to take your time and explore, you can find some extremely good deals. She has great stones of all sizes for sale to. I collect caudiciforms and she had several species I had never heard of. I found a monster jade for only 30 dollars, yet it wouldnt fit in suitcase and it ended up costing 80dollars to mail back home, but Im still happy with the 110 dollar tree.
bucknbonsai
bucknbonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:58 pm

I have never been to the nursery mentioned above, but it appears the web site has not been updated in a year or more. The nursery address is El Cajon, which is the eastern suburb of San Diego. It is well severed by public transportation.

The second link is to the Bonsai display at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. It is located north east of San Diego near Escondido and Ramona. I have been out here a number of times. It is a display maintained by the San Diego Bonsai Club. There are some nice trees there but the maintaince varies. The San Diego Zoo in Balboa Park is a must see and if you can get there is a multi park ticket that includes the Wild Animal Park also. Check on line for a deal on the tickets.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesse Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:48 pm

bucknbonsai wrote:...I found a monster jade for only 30 dollars, yet it wouldnt fit in suitcase and it ended up costing 80dollars to mail back home, but Im still happy with the 110 dollar tree.
That made me laugh.
Jesse
Jesse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down