Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mountain stone

Go down

Mountain stone Empty Mountain stone

Post  sunip Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:09 pm

Hello,
This mountain stone is 12 cm. long.
I did not managed to get the atmosphere and the details right on the picture but i hope you get an impression.
I do not know what sort of stone it is but it is very hard.
Sunip, Wink
Mountain stone Img_2316

sunip

Back to top Go down

Mountain stone Empty Re: Mountain stone

Post  Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:07 am

Hi Sunip

Very nice shapes theese stones have.....

It will not be easy to make a suiseki out of the first yellow stone, as the brake is too new....it may be old, but the collour is not there, and it will never come.

The next one, looks very new, but you have a good eye for details, and in some years can this stone become nice.

It looks like stonematerial, I found in Denmark. Early this summer, I found a stone in the ocean, and it allready looks diffrent from the one, I found 3 months later, and the 3th. newly found, is also newer to look at.

I show you pictures if you want too Smile

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Hello Yvonne
Yes they can do with some aging, i think the yellow one will come along.
The grey stone i found between the flint material
so it could be the same sort of stone you found.
Yes please show us your picture of it.
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi Sunip

This is the 3 stones . The oldest from the left. It is more likely found 4 or 5 months ealier than the next stone, and the last after 2 to 3 monts after the next.

If I not compleetely remember wrong, were they all this bright bluegray collour in the beginning. But more collours show up, and this is really nice.
They will be nice to follow....

Mountain stone 123sto10

I am not sure I can find the suiseki in the 2 last stones, and they may go back into nature...but the first is a great cave/shelterstone.

Mountain stone Cavest10

My plan is to have a really, really shallow glazed suiban made for this stone, and then exhibit it in shallow water, no sand.
Can anyone suggest a nice collour for this suiban?, I really dont have an idea. Help will be nice Smile

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:45 pm

Hello Yvonne,
Thank you.
It could indeed be the same sort of stone.
A cave-shelterstone wil be fine, did you also tried a placement in sand with the line in the stone horizontal,
this would reflect the imaginary waterline differently? Could work nice as well?
Maybe you have to turn the stone a bit, in a way on of the two rock heads is more dominant then the other to avoid a symmetrical impression?
The two others may be nice steppingstones in the garden?
For color: how about something in the range of the brown line in the stone and the color of the table,
something between those two colors?
Or something bronze?
When it should be a blue glaze(water), i feel it should be not to bright.
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down