Collecting season 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Collecting season 2012

Post  Sebastijan Sandev on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Small trees are beginning to attract my attention. Maybe I'm just fed up with big and heavy dynosaurs,,,but that doesn't mean I wouldn't collect one if I'd stumble upon it. These are just very cute...and could become impresive and powerful little trees. Hope you like them. These two are just for start and to catch form...

More photos and a video here: http://sandevbonsai.blogspot.com/2012/01/second-one-this-year.html

http://sandevbonsai.blogspot.com/2012/01/video-sandevbonsai-yamadori-series.html





avatar
Sebastijan Sandev
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  Rob Kempinski on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Nice potential, but not that small. Wink
OK, maybe smaller than usual!
avatar
Rob Kempinski
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  sunip on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Sebastijan,
You are approaching a certain age?
Nice yamadori and already in a pot.
Sunip Wink

sunip
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  Sebastijan Sandev on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:46 pm

Rob Kempinski wrote:Nice potential, but not that small. Wink
OK, maybe smaller than usual!
Very Happy Oh yes, certainly smaller than usual
avatar
Sebastijan Sandev
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  Sebastijan Sandev on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:47 pm

sunip wrote:Sebastijan,
You are approaching a certain age?
Nice yamadori and already in a pot.
Sunip Wink
Well, I am beginning to feel old...at least older Smile
avatar
Sebastijan Sandev
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  Poink88 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Nice as usual. This is the ideal size for me but love the "beasts" you collected before too!
avatar
Poink88
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  coh on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Those look to be a good size to me! Interesting trunks too. What species are they? I don't think you said, but could have missed it...
avatar
coh
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  NeilDellinger on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Sebastijan,
Great post and video. I have to wait until March, but I have my gear ready to go now!! I will try the strap and wench this year, as I also dig trees in very rocky soil.

Thanks for posting and wetting my appetite!

Neil

NeilDellinger
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  Fore on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Neil, where do you go collecting in IL...if you don't mind me asking. New to the area and am curious.
Thanks
Chris
avatar
Fore
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  Sebastijan Sandev on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:50 pm

coh wrote:Those look to be a good size to me! Interesting trunks too. What species are they? I don't think you said, but could have missed it...

Coh,

Carpinus orientalis...we call it White hornbeam...or seaside hornbeam, one of the best if not THE BEST broadleaved species for bonsai.
Much has bees said about that species on my blog, also many many orientalises you can find on Walter Pall's blog and also lot of information there from Walter Pall about that species.
avatar
Sebastijan Sandev
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  Sebastijan Sandev on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:52 pm

NeilDellinger wrote:Sebastijan,
Great post and video. I have to wait until March, but I have my gear ready to go now!! I will try the strap and wench this year, as I also dig trees in very rocky soil.

Thanks for posting and wetting my appetite!

Neil

Wink
avatar
Sebastijan Sandev
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  gope on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Fantastic Carpinus but I have to say that your wife is your greatest treasure! Assisting and supporting, even searching for a new material.
You're lucky man! Very Happy

gope
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  Poink88 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:34 pm

gope wrote:Fantastic Carpinus but I have to say that your wife is your greatest treasure! Assisting and supporting, even searching for a new material.
You're lucky man! Very Happy
I agree.

This coming weekend, my wife and daughter will accompany me on a dig too...I am counting my blessings as well. Smile Of course it will be nothing like the featured tree but a stick or a stump is enough to make me happy Very Happy
avatar
Poink88
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  Sebastijan Sandev on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:01 pm

Poink88 wrote:
gope wrote:Fantastic Carpinus but I have to say that your wife is your greatest treasure! Assisting and supporting, even searching for a new material.
You're lucky man! Very Happy
I agree.
Very Happy

Oh yeeees, me too. She is very good to me. Patient, supportive, tolerant...ok, enough, I will start crying
Thank you Duda!
http://sandevbonsai.blogspot.com/2008/10/neke-meni-vrlo-drage-fotografije.html
Very Happy
avatar
Sebastijan Sandev
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  coh on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Sebastijan Sandev wrote:
coh wrote:Those look to be a good size to me! Interesting trunks too. What species are they? I don't think you said, but could have missed it...

Coh,

Carpinus orientalis...we call it White hornbeam...or seaside hornbeam, one of the best if not THE BEST broadleaved species for bonsai.
Much has bees said about that species on my blog, also many many orientalises you can find on Walter Pall's blog and also lot of information there from Walter Pall about that species.

Thanks for the info! I've seen many great examples of this species on Walter's website...I've drooled over several. I wonder if there is an equivalent North American species?

I'll have to check out your blog...thanks again!
avatar
coh
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  Sebastijan Sandev on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:51 am

avatar
Sebastijan Sandev
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  Fore on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Awesome videos Sebastijan! The collection videos and the first repotting...very informative. And 'The Champ' is a fantastic specimen!
Congrats on the find! Wink

Chris
avatar
Fore
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting season 2012

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum