Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to design the canopy of this Brazilian Ironwood?

+3
Poink88
Rob Kempinski
Zaratul
7 posters

Go down

How to design the canopy of this Brazilian Ironwood? Empty How to design the canopy of this Brazilian Ironwood?

Post  Zaratul Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:55 pm

How to design the canopy of this Brazilian Ironwood? Copy_o10
Zaratul
Zaratul

Back to top Go down

How to design the canopy of this Brazilian Ironwood? Empty Re: How to design the canopy of this Brazilian Ironwood?

Post  Rob Kempinski Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Looks like a decent tropical canopy from here. If anything cut back to the last point of ramification and regrow the outer part.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

How to design the canopy of this Brazilian Ironwood? Empty Re: How to design the canopy of this Brazilian Ironwood?

Post  Poink88 Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:44 pm

Are you showing us how or asking? It looks great but w/ the leaves we cannot really see/tell. Can you take a shot from under?
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

How to design the canopy of this Brazilian Ironwood? Empty how to design the canopy of brailzian ironwood

Post  moyogijohn Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:41 am

In my opion the tree looks great!! maybe like said trim the outer limbs,,so it will not get any wider keep it the size it is...the trunk looks really good to me nice tree!!! take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  burtonverano Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:30 am

wow thats a nice tree

burtonverano

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:35 am

for me the canopy want to be shorter and narrower as the base of the trunk is small for the total size of the top of the tree. The overall shape of the canopy works well with the shape of the branches but it is just too big. Then lots more ramification as it has a young tree image rather than a mature one at the moment. Once there is more ramification some branches can be removed to make the important spaces between the foliage layers.

then it can go in a smaller, shallower pot too

is it your tree?

cheers Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaratul Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:47 pm

Thanks everyone, great advice!
Zaratul
Zaratul

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaratul Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:59 pm

This is the design suggested by a local bonsai master, Mr. Bohori. Looks great too I think...

How to design the canopy of this Brazilian Ironwood? Dscn0210
Zaratul
Zaratul

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaratul Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:07 pm

marcus watts wrote:for me the canopy want to be shorter and narrower as the base of the trunk is small for the total size of the top of the tree. The overall shape of the canopy works well with the shape of the branches but it is just too big. Then lots more ramification as it has a young tree image rather than a mature one at the moment. Once there is more ramification some branches can be removed to make the important spaces between the foliage layers.

then it can go in a smaller, shallower pot too

is it your tree?

cheers Marcus

Thanks Marcus....It's not my tree...It is owned by one of my acquaintances...Just want to learn something from it. My Ironwood is still at the initial stage. Will post a pic in a few years time.
Zaratul
Zaratul

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Nbt Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Tree looks great, but the designs posted by everybody, are even better...

Best,

Luis Nbt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down