Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yamadori Yew - first styling 2012 (oowner M.Škrabal)

+9
Bugeye
marcus watts
DangerousBry
ndleong
Walter Pall
Andreasdeutscher
dave steventon
eric sanders
Pavel Slovák
13 posters

Go down

Yamadori  Yew  - first styling 2012 (oowner M.Škrabal) Empty Yamadori Yew - first styling 2012 (oowner M.Škrabal)

Post  Pavel Slovák Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi all friends
Mirek was given by Tony Tickle tree in 2010. The tree grew in the trough for geraniums. In 2011, we transplanted the tree into a bowl made ​​Erik Križovenský. Bowl not intended for that tree. It was only in stock, and proved to be very suitable dimension.
Today I finished my first new styling composition. But for the overall completion of composition still need one or two small Yamadori Yew. Those we will plant at the back left to finalize perspective. Then will be adjusted as Jin shape and length.
Several small Yamadori Yew prepare at home, but I think that Tony has a nicer and better. (but he does not know about yet Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ).
Yamadori  Yew  - first styling 2012 (oowner M.Škrabal) Tost_010
Yamadori  Yew  - first styling 2012 (oowner M.Škrabal) Tpr_110
Yamadori  Yew  - first styling 2012 (oowner M.Škrabal) Tpr_510
Yamadori  Yew  - first styling 2012 (oowner M.Škrabal) Tpr_710
Yamadori  Yew  - first styling 2012 (oowner M.Škrabal) Tpr_910
Yamadori  Yew  - first styling 2012 (oowner M.Škrabal) Tpr_1110

Gretings Pavel
more pict.: http://www.bonsaivigi.cz/fotoalbum/tvarovani-a-vyvoj---styling-and-development/taxus-baccata-yamadori-z-anglie--owner-m.skrabal--first-styling-2012/
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Yamadori  Yew  - first styling 2012 (oowner M.Škrabal) Empty Re: Yamadori Yew - first styling 2012 (oowner M.Škrabal)

Post  eric sanders Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:51 pm

very very nice Very Happy Very Happy
eric sanders
eric sanders

Back to top Go down

Yamadori  Yew  - first styling 2012 (oowner M.Škrabal) Empty Re: Yamadori Yew - first styling 2012 (oowner M.Škrabal)

Post  dave steventon Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:28 pm

fantastic job Pavel you never fail to inspire ThumbsUp
dave steventon
dave steventon

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:55 am

Hi Eric and Dave
Thank you very much for yours nice compliments.
I am glad that you like. Very Happy

Gretings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Andreasdeutscher Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:10 am

I apologize to all, but this composition looks ugly to me.

Andreasdeutscher

Back to top Go down

Post  Walter Pall Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:19 am

Cool composition.
Walter Pall
Walter Pall

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:25 am

Hi Ondro.
There is no need to apologize. It's always a matter of taste.
Perhaps it would be interesting to write what you have matters. Wink

Gretings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:26 am

Thank you very much Walter.
I appreciate your compliment. Very Happy
Gretings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Andreasdeutscher Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:40 am

Hi Pavel,

as you said, because it is often just a question of taste, it is not necessary to explain it. It is just about my feeling, nothing else.

Andreasdeutscher

Back to top Go down

Post  ndleong Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:08 am

Is really amazing. Well done.
ndleong
ndleong

Back to top Go down

Post  DangerousBry Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:53 am

Hi Pavel

I really like this composition. I can imagine the wind blowing up the mountain and throwing shape to the tree. As you wrote, the pot is not meant for this tree.... I do believe a different pot would make a great change to the overall vision.

Thanks again for sharing your great work!!

Bryan
DangerousBry
DangerousBry

Back to top Go down

Post  Andreasdeutscher Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Pavel Slovák wrote:Hi Ondro.
There is no need to apologize. It's always a matter of taste.
Perhaps it would be interesting to write what you have matters. Wink

Gretings Pavel
I think that it seems that the creator is the main topic here and not the tree. The tree is in the background.
From this work of the creator I can feel the tendency to capture people´s attention by the unconventional means of expression but it is at the expense of natural beauty of the tree, at the expense of shibui.

Last edited by Andreasdeutscher on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Andreasdeutscher

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:44 pm

Thank you Ondro

Here, unfortunately, our feelings diverge. I think the original simplicity, originality and character of the tree was preserved. From my position as the creator of the tree was directed to another vision. In any case I do not think that this change was at the expense of shibui.
But again, it's just a different feeling. Wink

Gretings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi Pavel,
the work on the tree is really really good - you've got a great image from the starting material and i like it a lot, and it is good for the composition to be unique.......but i feel the slab has too many details - i look too much at the pot and the tree becomes forgotten, even though both individually are really good.
This is not a problem though as you clearly said the pot was not designed to go with this tree - i would get a similar slab without all the curving 'wave' bits because the tree is made from straight lines - ( trunk, branches, jin ) but the slab is all made of extreme curves, the two are working against each other. But the change would only be if the tree was planned for high level show or high price customer Laughing , it is a really nice composition just the way it is afterall cheers

regards Marcus

marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi Marcus
Thank you for your nice replies. Very Happy
Tree line and the slab is different. That is true. Will see later, when the time is ripe. Very Happy
Gretings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugeye Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:39 pm

Wow, very cool.

Bugeye

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:07 pm

The addition of the small yew trees to make a multi-tree planting sounds very intriguing. Hopefully, small yews can be found. Maybe even juvenile nursery stock could be used.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Thank you Bugeye for nice compliment. Very Happy
Gretings Pavel

Hi Rob
Thank you for your nice replies. Very Happy
Maybe we'll try more trees. I do not think nursery. We have several small Yamadori yew. They have the same or very similar character. Wink
Gretings Pavel

Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:05 am

how is this tree looking now Pavel?

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:05 am

Yes, this tree is good Tony. Now even resting. Very Happy
Greetings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Yamadori  Yew  - first styling 2012 (oowner M.Škrabal) Empty Stunning

Post  Sabi Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:40 pm

This is one of those trees that make me sit and stare at it, I've just spent ten minutes just looking at the tree thinking of a way of describing how it makes me feel. I LOVE IT, I could quite happily sit and stare at it all day, in fact I'm pinching the picture as my screensaver ( sorry Pavel ). Eriks pots are fantastic and this one, in my mind looks fantastic with the tree. I'm not a big fan of Bonsai in pots, this is obviously a crazy concept but let me explain, for me a Bonsai should be able to take you a place where the tree sits in the world, I imagine the environment it's in, I sit and stare at the tree day dreaming, then come down to the pot and hit the ground, " Oh I forgot it's a Bonsai ". Hence why I like Penjing so much. For me the curves in the " slab " match the first left and right branches. The colour goes perfect for me too. When I finish looking at tree and look down, my heart doesn't sink, it's yet another enjoyable thing to look at for me. I personally would like to see something on the slope of the pot on the left, I saw a picture of a tree with a Stag walking up towards the tree from a show last year, ( the Stag wasn't just leaving a show, I hope ) It looked fantastic.

So thank you Erik and Pavel for making me happy, and for letting me day dream for a while Very Happy
Sabi
Sabi

Back to top Go down

Post  mambo Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:35 pm

Andreasdeutscher wrote:I apologize to all, but this composition looks ugly to me.

I wouldn't say ugly, but even trying to imagine the composition with another two smaller yamadori trees, I think the modern slab will overpower any composition of that size, especially assuming that the current tree will be the main tree in the composition.

If I look at a tree and can only remember the slab or pot, as is the case here, then the composition to me is unbalanced...

mambo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Brindley Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:35 pm

mambo wrote:
Andreasdeutscher wrote:I apologize to all, but this composition looks ugly to me.

I wouldn't say ugly, but even trying to imagine the composition with another two smaller yamadori trees, I think the modern slab will overpower any composition of that size, especially assuming that the current tree will be the main tree in the composition.

If I look at a tree and can only remember the slab or pot, as is the case here, then the composition to me is unbalanced...

I agree that the composition is currently unbalanced and that the tree (which looks great) appears over-potted, but the edition of some smaller trees (as Pavel has said he has plans for) would in my opinion complete the compostion.
Lee Brindley
Lee Brindley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down