Winter Care for Dwarf Japanese Juniper

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Winter Care for Dwarf Japanese Juniper

Post  bill80132 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:27 am

Hello, I am new to the forum and I am finding it to be a great source of information. Last July I received a Dwarf Japanese Juniper bonsai as a gift. It is in a 2 inch deep pot that is 5 inches long and 4 inches wide. During the summer I had it in a sunny spot on the deck and it did real well. Now that it is cold here at night I have been keeping it in my unheated garage at night and moving it to a sunny window in the house during the day. It continues to put on new growth that is compact and a healthy green.

Is this a good strategy, or will this cause me any problems down the line. Thanks, Bill

bill80132

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Care for Dwarf Japanese Juniper

Post  JimLewis on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:42 pm

That will work, though most plants would prefer not to be moved around that much. I don't know where your part of Colorado is, but I imagine it gets pretty cold.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum