Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Meeting?

3 posters

Go down

Next Meeting? Empty Next Meeting?

Post  CabinFolk Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Hello All,

I hope everyone had a great New Year's!

I have been interested in bonsai trees for a long time now, and I was just given a Carmona microphylla for Christmas. I am new to this forum and was hoping you all may have a meeting coming up so I could attend and learn more about how to best care for my new tree.

Does anyone know if you all are meeting in January or February? Or where could I easily find this information for the future?

Thank you very much! Very Happy

CabinFolk

Back to top Go down

Next Meeting? Empty Re: Next Meeting?

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:37 pm

This is an On Line only group with no regular meeting. There are groups in VA but I don't know where Earlyville is.
Check out Bonsai Clubs International and/or The American Bonsai Society. They both have lists, by state, of member clubs. Also check with the county Ag agent, they may know of unaffiliated bonsai groups.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  CabinFolk Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:28 pm

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:This is an On Line only group with no regular meeting. There are groups in VA but I don't know where Earlyville is.
Check out Bonsai Clubs International and/or The American Bonsai Society. They both have lists, by state, of member clubs. Also check with the county Ag agent, they may know of unaffiliated bonsai groups.

Thank you for the quick response, Billy! I'll check into the club and society you mentioned.

Earlysville is just north of Charlottesville, Virginia.

But what is an Ag agent?

CabinFolk

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Almost every county in the United States has a County Agricultural Agent. Check you phone book for something like Virginia Department of Agriculture or it may be a department of a State University, possibly the University of Virginia.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:38 pm

They're listed as Agricultural Extension Offices and usually are a part of your state's land-grant university.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  CabinFolk Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:35 pm

JimLewis wrote:They're listed as Agricultural Extension Offices and usually are a part of your state's land-grant university.

Ok, great! Thank you, Jim.

CabinFolk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down