Hawthorn__

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hawthorn__

Post  Rui Marques on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:39 am

Hi all,

This is a small hawthorn that was collected in 2009. The images are from 2010 and since then has been recovering since then, and I am planning to do the transplant in the next growing season.
If you have any ideas who want to share ....

Rui Marques

Back to top Go down

Re: Hawthorn__

Post  JimLewis on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Why are you transplanting? And transplanting into what?

Your hawthorn is little more than a seedling, and will need many years of growing before it can be turned into a bonsai. You should at least leave it alone and let it grow in its current pot for 2-3 years. Better yet, plant it in the garden somewhere and "forget" about it for a few years. Let it grow up.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi rui, did you go to the event in Ericeira?

‎"Study me as much as you like, you will never know me, for I differ a hundred ways from what you see me to be. Put yourself behind my eyes, and see me as I see myself, for I have chosen to dwell in a place you cannot see." — Rumi

Visit Tony's Bonsai website

If you Tweet?

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Rui Marques on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi Tony, unfortunately i couldn't attend the Ericeira event.

Rui Marques

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Rui Marques wrote:Hi Tony, unfortunately i couldn't attend the Ericeira event.

Hi Rui, If you want to progress with your bonsai it is important that you visit exhibitions to see 'real' bonsai and to gain a positive direction. This seedling that you are showing here will take many years (even with your wonderful climate) to develop into a credible bonsai... it will make a bonsai... eventually.

Regards

Tony

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum