Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING: BOXWOOD BLIGHT Be on the Lookout for this!

+2
adam1234
JimLewis
6 posters

Go down

WARNING: BOXWOOD BLIGHT  Be on the Lookout for this! Empty Re: WARNING: BOXWOOD BLIGHT Be on the Lookout for this!

Post  adam1234 Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:36 pm

I work in a victorian garden with miles of box and Yew hedging. This year following last two years of bad winters we noticed this abnormality on the box hedging. I did some research and the RHS has a link that tells of it http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/Profile.aspx?pid=96. One way of knowing you have got it is to grow a plant in the buxaceae family like Sarcococca spp next to the affected plants and if it gets it then its bad news.

adam1234

Back to top Go down

WARNING: BOXWOOD BLIGHT  Be on the Lookout for this! Empty Re: WARNING: BOXWOOD BLIGHT Be on the Lookout for this!

Post  drgonzo Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:09 pm

So its finally here huh? I have one large Boxwood that I've been working on for a few years, I will introduce no others now for fear of contamination from outside nursery stock, thanks for the heads up Jim.
-Jay
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

WARNING: BOXWOOD BLIGHT  Be on the Lookout for this! Empty Be on the Lookout

Post  bonsaisr Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:22 pm

Hmm. Confused I wonder if that's what got into my Kingsville box two years ago. I hope they don't find a deadly disease on Neea buxifolia.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Wow, that's nasty. Thanks for the heads up...

Chris
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Pressler Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Good to know-thanks.
Bob Pressler
Bob Pressler

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Pressler Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:25 pm

Maybe someone can add boxwood blight to the post title so it gets better noticed.
Bob Pressler
Bob Pressler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down