Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Branquilho.

4 posters

Go down

Branquilho. Empty Branquilho.

Post  Diego Santana Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:28 pm

popular names

Sebastiana, Bertanha, white boy, leiteirinha, leiteirinha-the-verge-of-stream

scientific Name

Sebastiania commersoniana (Baill.) L.B.Sm. & Downs

Basionônio

Synonyms

Adenogyne brachyclada (Müll.Arg.) Klotzsch

Adenogyne marginata Klotzsch

family

Euphorbiaceae

type

Native, endemic to Brazil.

description

Thorny tree, 5 to 15 m in height, has elliptic or rounded crown. Stem has 30 to 50 cm in diameter usually armed with outer shell of brown color, slightly fissured, with dehiscence in rectangular strips and brown inner bark, when wounded releasing some white latex. Its leaves are simple, alternate, elliptic-lanceolate, leathery, semi-evergreen, glabrous, lower surface pubescent, shortly petiolate measure from 2 to 7 cm long by 1.5 to 3.5 cm wide. Are discolor, light green on the adaxial and the abaxial glaucous, with reddish hue in the autumn-winter. Show 1 to 3 glands at the base of the lamina and margin sawn. The flowers are small, yellow, arranged in terminal spikes 3-5 cm long. The fruits are globose capsules of brown, 8 to 10 mm in diameter, dehiscent, with three seeds inside. Flowering occurs from September to

November and fruiting from December to July.

Friends I have collected this plant to make a rescue in 2009, I believed would not survive because he had just been poison in the last place, where it was destroyed by agricultural machinery ....
She was about 2 meters and was reduced to about 60cm with the cutting machine, so I reversed the cuts and collected the plant ...

Branquilho. PQAAAFp-WVLA5ziGkYYmJ6XCwjl3G5X7UBo5OJt32C-WBkXtBmkxCpFnpNp7fag77X_EecQO9hipCvvVuXUQIL4xKaUAm1T1UE8Olb5WGPuCYwaAzUFBjxmL_vTt
Branquilho. PQAAANAVN5Ym_ftFGpA1qCc-8xOPYMjG3PBNWJKovAao3uiMtrPz_1MmgiQHLdP4A-8IfpcGVYsye9axsQHsNMICB4AAm1T1UKCy6w_3hReVmU6XABoEwIeINiAG

After 1 year of slow growth or no left 20 cm of branches on behalf of more than 30 worms that were destroying susbtrato, I decided to make a total exchange of this substrate ......
Using a piece of red earth
1 part of crushed
2 parts coarse sand river
2 parts of organic matter ....
Branquilho. PQAAAPgH86hfO8hMESgDUfRjAN_GPFFf4kO_8H6nG0kn90hP1P7DzAHJqm-2t7jZxMufcWV6m7_ZEkyNUNwASvd9lR4Am1T1UE-ImIYIk49jggP4SkMtAmLWDMl9
So she said so in two months ....
Branquilho. PQAAAAYp5snBS4UIwgmcpbcRTvWqws5RUhk3tDxaAyDktQmYeBKK7tq4iEJ9BtnEJHuTskkPcxmyA08SlAp5KDuwQjgAm1T1UP6JRZKQvLhOPDGW3KU4i9eEdJ8P
Where the first pruning was done to gain more secuncarios branches, and its trunk was brushed .....
Branquilho. PQAAAB4jLo6bQhpcN61SgQj2tfFNJcVFDSBSj-Hrm-jBwQXsRuL_g2fyW4MyrbT3oM14EOH9MBKHK43MHFZlHAUqcwIAm1T1UDEWJ6L_IgmQc_cDlc1EBOAo6fUv
It was another year of low-growing free bench, where became a veritable forest .....
Unfortunately it did not take photos with large branches, but the result was the thickening of the branches primaries ....Branquilho. PQAAAADTmr7Gdr5gZZyFaxpNOud25bRk9aM6imzmS4mdTn_PgdLmUdkfyNI1C8xfPAER5ZVeqgbM7jwrZVSov1Nf12kAm1T1UP3cZ16vPFWczWDAeO5I9ZUt2utr
Right at the base had a root that was above the others and very thin, so I decided to withdraw ...

Branquilho. PQAAAGTep13tuZeS4CsQV4pyZv_1jNw18CPJ6LJclg5F-EBKOlEKAWdI1Y0EjFLth6oofr8O1GEGA2MWdCzOP1jF_WcAm1T1UERNuX4IOboi4cFSQ_Ngende-t-X
One of the dead branches tbm was removed, but still no work has been done to refine the cut ...

Branquilho. PQAAAAGttinCopewxx5ilQ7iI-sFqCfYnxB3saLAEQ7RskWGRzY9-nrGb48AoIQ0SYjd3KFu_Suj9U1LfzYFN-bHAsoAm1T1UDLt_dhMmX14x_4Y9WosDBMB0ReW
I've been posting this photo with Google translator, sorry for the lack of English, but I will answer and asking for opinions on the conduct of this plant to me that this is about 3 years .....

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Branquilho. Empty Re: Branquilho.

Post  Diego Santana Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Friends peopl help with the design of this plant, do not have anything definite yet, she's just growing up and being pruned for better branching Cup

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:34 am

Diego,

This is a very nice material, I like the base of the tree (nebari). It got a powerful image. I hope somebody can provide some sketch or virt for your tree. Virtuals are becoming rare these days, Only Pavel and and very few people are helping with virts lately and designs as well. as more and more people prefered now to watched or engaged in debates (mostly unfruitful) Evil or Very Mad , So be have patience my friend if you need help with the design.

....and welcome to the forum.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Santana Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:45 am

Thanks buddy, I'll be waiting for someone to help me with the project.
GROWTH The plant you a very fast due to the tropical climate of the region where I am, so I have to prune constantly to keep this design which is not pleasant at the time

I made a more refined look ..

Branquilho. PQAAAHq83Z0VawvA7dTzznw4LOnP1DOVtxpYMuD2IGBl7UyISUPsQ6NDYXKcYGIHui5QjFHVapLAW6xwUhKQ8wVkiTIAm1T1UPOC3T8QsuuqvWtTR8UkmMlhkW-L
Hard to get to this point because of defoliation has many thorns ..
Branquilho. PQAAAMeOyXU5iW7OKfJDQYbBawbH0tyUzed9lRvKzKVOXnYU0RvWa9eluHktRCCQgdSpgmmzIcJZDP8XXlV70dGK1lUAm1T1UJnxh_D_3m5RdRCqBOeP-macQIJk
Were removed to form a scar grossly deformed, for better naturalizade
Branquilho. PQAAAOKtmVzKwO-kqn6kI5XpvlHlCqI4a9Y7Zh2fkZz_4KObsayVMwqlLhg6jrT5XePV3vGzoFIzIAhNFCOtGUTkFNAAm1T1UN8dzdpns4wokH3j2joZrIdZ_x30
Retrieved cut the rest of the collection ....
Branquilho. PQAAADgn_S-mvOPmC5Jm9UqGyORCjOmr09C6wEpZV9c4oBt_9kRBLJMtVnzS5zVX0r8ZbDKn4xrWH9fYMOJKeFJMP8EAm1T1UFUmzVr-jNpJkurfZdXeHopwkpxY
Branquilho. PQAAAEcLLtjkpfhDD3WfzX8BmlCpUFSIZoNTnVVpCQ7noncyjnW7tKd_VQuAnss_X1diMlM5Ce0KhNW7vqu7kfeqzC0Am1T1UD7BMHaQxbrnW3pYu7uxxPrm_L4w
End result, now will grow free for 5 months in healing cuts was used folder .

Branquilho. PQAAACGrPvFu2-OiHvGraHMYGjPqb9GBVhC1anmVW6CMxZ401OubmbJEm0GoBRCyVQlGqlAn_oFl268YzFOQdsPNSAAAm1T1UIhaoK7DdEMcEAu8sPDgNZYK1lH8

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi again.

It seems that you are not wiring your tree. It can also be made that way (clip and grow) but it would be more helpful if you let the tree gain thicker branch then cut it back short again and repeat the process continuously, then you'll gain tapering branch. If you really don't want to wire the branches you could also use guy wire to pull the branches in ythe desired direction. I am saying this because based on the photos the branches are going everywhere and IMHO is not guided, which might result in future problem.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Santana Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:56 pm

Yes friend, I did not even direction of the branches, with Arramada as the plant was growing free, and has been pruned to ganahr secondary branches, the second step now is the education of gallhos but as its growth is very strong, was unable to direct the plant ..

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:03 pm

Interesting tree, never heard of it and little to be found on the internet, but any tree named "White Boy" deserves some work. Laughing

I'd try to get the main branches growing downward now with wire and hard pruning. It seems to be a fast (tropical?) grower - so the development should go relatively quickly. The leaves are big and seem to be compound so I'd suggest showing it defoliated. The roots need to be tapered - probably by carving. The thorns look huge - yikes.

Maybe in a few years....

Branquilho. White_10
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Santana Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Virtual look good friend, its growth is very fast because it is a tropical ...
The idea of the design is great, I liked much of his vision and believe that in less than three years you've finished because its growth is about 3 times higher that of a one Ficus,

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:49 pm

Very nice Rob. cheers

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Branquilho. Empty branquilho

Post  moyogijohn Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:14 pm

Very nice,, From where you started with the collection until the last picture very good... the trunk is great in that picture..post it again please when the branches are where you want them to be..take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Santana Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:26 pm

As soon as possible to educate the branches as I really enjoyed the project and the way it was directed to this drawing ..

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaddad Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Congratulations Diego, your plant is fantastic.
I love the several species of Sebastiania, but i prefer S. schottiana. S. brasiliensis, and the globular plants of Ouro Branco (MG), no identificated.

Branquilho. Sarandi-2
Sebastiania schottiana

More photos:

sarandi negro
Chaddad
Chaddad

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Santana Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:58 am

Chaddad Hello friend thank you for words, I do not know the particular species and even confused it with the popularly known here in the region with Shoemaker, until you see the posting of another friend of the forum showing the evolution of one of your plants when I find that it was my one Braquilho ..

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Santana Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:05 am

Hello amiigos after 1 month of free growth, I have to remove the Arramada it is marked all the branches, the plant has grown rapidly because of the rich organic fertilizer and climate favorable at this time of year in the region, it rains almost every days with temperatures between 30 ° and 40 ° ..

Branquilho. PQAAAIh9R4vVln96wVIXgmy0W7GLRzAoM2hASg8jT3-PxO5YI6mzlILvLVBzvf1GMpFtcPwV1fT7gZh-Het7OCLYhhIAm1T1UKpvD4Q8d1kZqeii_WhU0Y2LUt2U
Branquilho. PQAAAD5jXCKtQequbm-jBLq4ga6L6mCdPdGRZWxxrBlI9Dd_PLbpptNxPVEu-94PVosTOiS0Qvlrt6k9ZS9UndeP4lQAm1T1UBtJaUNqRQptxCR3-ai-_yDiiVYy

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Santana Thu May 31, 2012 3:54 pm

28/05/2012
Branquilho. RAAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82uHysUzWTEOx6CrptbHXOOdwVWjGrQ5eyub5OVc2tPaLcgibai6jr9qz4FUuEzxG5YHrrzBvrkG2RkSroNZUl7uAJtU9VDNt72ZGHDzPMhYs5JNIEaC2IfdPQ
Branquilho. RAAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82umNwuaY9-6dHEKLNn7fyjdXcGNqbXA-a6VqdxFiqvlP4ZKZCIjnhKb8xmvXHFOVVUker-ZFs9CfW3fEVZmkQ7EAJtU9VCyyGamiw8fl-6StJiXxOzCnozgEQ
Branquilho. RAAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82tAn706Kb8A8oEm27RWNx8i5Hd-9u_UrrPM92mbr7UyrReeYHNZfC1UqZg7J5CUp0qenDUw7pjZxDX4f2nNQ-j6AJtU9VCMnAu2Kb-GSwxFKFC2dqDPqbk_bw
Branquilho. RAAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82tg2wc5p8UNY3XnrpClGNcoSkQRTRsn4L1qP8IZO3Khpi9LY-dZK8lMjNPA--qz0OzG4U_4rn7MF23lcryYJeBjAJtU9VACeXzaEsoSLqc6iLThEElBxGWQ9g
Branquilho. RAAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82tFTxjwFfayrrewmjEyOuMCDYPqEPqN6QnEYluUI8mA_Fnk27Nb9LBXfzM_4U4O4nX0Sd_hR2_kwkwjhCBh0VLxAJtU9VAZJzAAOQzusReMi1NV5Uet02-_lA
Branquilho. RAAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82s-8is54cbM7dHj2T6-d71pl-cUv__mJAlRRyQD-MByMc037lHXja78dZYpqesHNJTljllrFWhnXbyeorLPfByjAJtU9VBCPFylRbkA9fWFqyusWfZf6ABOxQ

Diego Santana

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum