Help with my not so good Premna

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with my not so good Premna

Post  hirow08 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:53 am

Hi guys,

Can you help me on what to do with this tree.

Im thinking of cutting this straight part of the tree


So that i'd make a new apex out of the dominant branch? or just stick with it?


I know it doesn't look good but im makin out the best of what i have right now Very Happy
Still in the learning stage.

Thanks!

hirow08
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Help with my not so good Premna

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:46 am

They grow very fast Hirow. Just leave it alone for several months and you'll have lot of design options when those branches develops.

Mine are very hard to control the growth rate. bounce

regards,
jun Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Help with my not so good Premna

Post  Robert Steven on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:26 pm

jun wrote:They grow very fast Hirow. Just leave it alone for several months and you'll have lot of design options when those branches develops.

Mine are very hard to control the growth rate. bounce

regards,
jun Smile

I don't really agree with Jun on the advice to leave it grow before having the vision. I always advise one to have his vision from the very beginning so you can focus on the branches you need to form the future ramification, more effective and efficient; although you might possibly change the idea later...

Anyhow, one think I absolutely agree with Jun, Premna grows too fast, so must be very careful with the over-growth roots; and the wiring scar can cause dying branch in future.

To be honest, I hate initial wiring mothod especially on deciduos tree..it does not make any sense to wire (tightly) all the way on young shoots since we will not need the whole line movement on that branch (deciduous tree's ramification structure should be formed by clip-and-grow and not single line structure like connifers). In the contrary, such wiring will harm the tree...
Initial wiring will only be applied if we need to correct the initial growing angle or for certain direction....

(I am one of the main wire suppliers to many countries and the only wire importer in Indonesia, but I always tell people to use less wire on deciduous bonsai because most of the people apply wire on the wrong way).. Laughing

Robert Steven
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Help with my not so good Premna

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:39 pm

Robert Steven wrote:
jun wrote:They grow very fast Hirow. Just leave it alone for several months and you'll have lot of design options when those branches develops.

Mine are very hard to control the growth rate. bounce

regards,
jun Smile

I don't really agree with Jun on the advice to leave it grow before having the vision. I always advise one to have his vision from the very beginning so you can focus on the branches you need to form the future ramification, more effective and efficient; although you might possibly change the idea later...

Anyhow, one think I absolutely agree with Jun, Premna grows too fast, so must be very careful with the over-growth roots; and the wiring scar can cause dying branch in future.

To be honest, I hate initial wiring mothod especially on deciduos tree..it does not make any sense to wire (tightly) all the way on young shoots since we will not need the whole line movement on that branch (deciduous tree's ramification structure should be formed by clip-and-grow and not single line structure like connifers). In the contrary, such wiring will harm the tree...
Initial wiring will only be applied if we need to correct the initial growing angle or for certain direction....


This is a good point Robert. I was looking at the works of Walter Pall and you for some of your decidous trees initial styling and I rarely see to much/intense wiring done on this types of trees. And I admire how natural looking your trees got after this method.

My question though, How will you control the growth pattern of the branch initial growth if not wired in the beginning?, I know clip and grow will form a zigzag line formation on branches, but when I look at the trees (again yours and Walter) I see no zigzag line at all on the branches. but they look so naturally nice. Secret?

I am trying to adopt this very slow process of clip and grow in my new trees and trees under rectification, combined with soft/light wiring application on the initial branches.

regards,
jun Smile




Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Help with my not so good Premna

Post  Robert Steven on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:59 pm

As you always say, Jun.."the trade secret"..why not wait till I come and exchange with good massage... tongue

Robert Steven
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Help with my not so good Premna

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:05 pm

Robert Steven wrote:As you always say, Jun.."the trade secret"..why not wait till I come and exchange with good massage... tongue


Did I say that? can I take it back? hehehe. We will be waiting. study


regards,
jun Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Help with my not so good Premna

Post  hirow08 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:15 pm

jun wrote:They grow very fast Hirow. Just leave it alone for several months and you'll have lot of design options when those branches develops.

Mine are very hard to control the growth rate. bounce

regards,
jun Smile

I see. however, how about that straight part?

hirow08
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Help with my not so good Premna

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:23 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum