Florida Tropical Nursery?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Florida Tropical Nursery?

Post  kmeng on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:46 pm

I'm in the Orlando area for work until tomorrow then I'm driving up through Ocala/Gainesville Fl (I-75) tomorrow on my way home. Does anyone know of a good nursery to stop by and check out for tropical/indoor plants? I have the itch and I'm tired of digging around at the nurseries around me in conyers and looking for a different selection.

Any suggestestions would be greatly appreciated!

Kurt

kmeng

Back to top Go down

Re: Florida Tropical Nursery?

Post  drgonzo on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:55 pm

If I were anywhere in Florida I would go to Wigert's. That would just be a nip down south from Orlando..it would be worth it I'm sure.
-Jay

drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  kmeng on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Ft. Meyers is a bit more than a nip. I'm moving to Tampa in January so maybe I can postpone that visit until then Very Happy .

Any other suggestions?

kmeng

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:04 pm

Vero Beach isn't far. Here's contact information for Jim Smith's Durrastone Nursery:

http://www.jimsmithbonsai.com/Contact.htm

You can't beat his Ficus!

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  kmeng on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:14 pm

I do appreciate the responses! Has anyone been to or heard anything about D&L Nursery outside of Ocala? (Since I'll be in Ocala to visit customers anyway)

Thanks,
Kurt

kmeng

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:56 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum