Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaede Bonsai ready for winter and big sale

5 posters

Go down

Kaede Bonsai ready for winter and big sale Empty Kaede Bonsai ready for winter and big sale

Post  NeilDellinger Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:35 am

A few pics below. Today I helped out putting trees away for the winter at Kaede Bonsai. Lots of trees. He's got a huge sale on seedlings right now. As you can see from the photos there are many. Japanese white pine, Black pine, red pine, Japanese Larch, Zelcova, Trident Maple, Japanese Maple etc.........This really the tip of the ice berg so to speak. http://www.kaedebonsai.com/

Kaede Bonsai ready for winter and big sale DSC02393
Kaede Bonsai ready for winter and big sale DSC02398

Kaede Bonsai ready for winter and big sale DSC02430
Kaede Bonsai ready for winter and big sale DSC02431
Kaede Bonsai ready for winter and big sale DSC02432
Kaede Bonsai ready for winter and big sale DSC02450
[u]
Kaede Bonsai ready for winter and big sale DSC02452http://www.kaedebonsai.com/

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Kaede Bonsai ready for winter and big sale Empty Re: Kaede Bonsai ready for winter and big sale

Post  Todd Ellis Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:42 pm

Neil,
What a great feast for the eyes! I am curious - I see that the seedlings are mixed; deciduous and conifers together. Are the buildings/sheds dark or is there natural light for the pine seedlings?
Thanks,
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Kaede Bonsai ready for winter and big sale Empty Re: Kaede Bonsai ready for winter and big sale

Post  NeilDellinger Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:01 pm

Todd,
Good observation. They are mixed. Its cold enough in the facility to have everything dormant with no light requirement. I can never recall a problem with the conifers...specimen or seedling or pre-bonsai material. The building is insulated, but it actually keeps it colder than outdoors at times. Like a big refrigerator. I've plucked needles from specimen pines in there many times..It should be part of some hazing ritual.

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Now that looks like a fun place to spend a few hours! Thanks for the photos.

Chris
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:14 pm

thats second to last pic is like a ocean of ramification..cool
-Jay
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  NeilDellinger Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:13 am

Chris,
It is alot of fun to work on really nice trees. I'm very thankful to have that opportunity. I've learned a great deal from Matt over the past 5 or so years. Not just trees...Matt not only has what is likely the best collection of trident maples in the US, but he has gradually built an outstanding collection of antique Japanese bonsai pottery. Truly impressive on every front. Quality AND quantity together....which is very rare.

Order your seedlings guys...they'll go quickly.

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  nguyenninh789 Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:18 am

thank you

nguyenninh789

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down