Do you have an ego?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Do you have an ego?

Post  marcus watts on Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:14 pm

will baddeley wrote:
marcus watts wrote:yes Laughing Laughing

everyone answering has...............but in a good way.........the ones with the wrong type of ego wont post a reply

I'd be interested in some expansion here Marcus?

hi Will - haha, ok then here goes................

630 people have read the link atm - a very small number have responded - those that have probably understand the true meaning of an ego - for them it is a good and positive thing, part of their self belief, their confidence, it forms part of their character, it is linked very directly to intelect, self control and tolerance. A person must have an ego and be comfortable with it to openly interact with real people and forum people Very Happy

the other way to think of ego is in the more negative ways - selfishness, loud, brash, know it all, type of traits - a person who thinks this represents their ego will probably say nothing for fear of labelling themselves as such...

if we decide to go really freudian, especially as practitioners of bonsai, we should strive for a super-ego - this leads us on the path that aims for perfection, avoiding self gratification while becoming socially aware of the people we aim to interact with.........

.............................................................that was before a glass of wine so i hope it explains my one liner that was writen after a glass ( or bottle haha)!!

humbly yours, Marcus cheers Very Happy thumbs up

marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  will baddeley on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:31 pm

Thanks for the explanation Marcus. I probably fall into a 50/50 mix of good and bad traits then. Most of the traits you mention I have but never static. Self belief and confidence are very much a rollercoaster ride and as for tolerance it depends very much on levels of ability. I have bags of time for beginners and teaching but for those at the top of their game or who should know better...... Evil or Very Mad
Not many people choose to voice their opinion on forums whether members or guests and even less so on other peoples threads.It would be great to see a larger proportion of the 3000 odd members posting trees and comments but it would be extremely difficult to keep up.You mention the stats on this post and find it frustrating, and it can be. Over 900 views on the Movember charity thread and only 13 donations? Give praise to those that do make the effort and hope that those who don't...do. Very Happy

will baddeley

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:35 am

marcus watts wrote:
will baddeley wrote:
marcus watts wrote:yes Laughing Laughing

everyone answering has...............but in a good way.........the ones with the wrong type of ego wont post a reply

I'd be interested in some expansion here Marcus?

hi Will - haha, ok then here goes................

630 people have read the link atm - a very small number have responded - those that have probably understand the true meaning of an ego - for them it is a good and positive thing, part of their self belief, their confidence, it forms part of their character, it is linked very directly to intelect, self control and tolerance. A person must have an ego and be comfortable with it to openly interact with real people and forum people Very Happy

the other way to think of ego is in the more negative ways - selfishness, loud, brash, know it all, type of traits - a person who thinks this represents their ego will probably say nothing for fear of labelling themselves as such...

if we decide to go really freudian, especially as practitioners of bonsai, we should strive for a super-ego - this leads us on the path that aims for perfection, avoiding self gratification while becoming socially aware of the people we aim to interact with.........

.............................................................that was before a glass of wine so i hope it explains my one liner that was writen after a glass ( or bottle haha)!!

humbly yours, Marcus cheers Very Happy thumbs up

...that very much explains it.

but the line between good ego and bad ego is very thin. and more often than not some people misread (or try to miss read) which is which.

there were some people here in this forum who were on top of our game (whether we like it or not) who used to be more active in this forum, but now seems to be holding back, because almost everytime that they post or start threads or willingly share their knowledge for free, some wise guys misread the message (or trying hard to miss read it) and would start attacking this guy/people and using the issue of "too much of egoist/s" as a platform for attacks.

...and at whose lost?- Answer: the majority of the members who are just trying to learn bonsai (me included) and do not even give a damn about the issue of egos!

..We are lucky a new guy who is on top our game suddenly pops up here and became active to share his knowledge, I just hope more of his kind (whether with bad ego or good ego) will soon come back here and share their trees and knowledge again, then and only then that this forum will become the mother of all bonsai forum.

My suggestion: If you have a personal issue about egos of any person trying to share here, send him/her a PM, there you can debate all day long without embarrassing any body, including probably yourself.

regards,
jun Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:30 am

One more from my Grandma's wisdom " Don't wait till too much to share; and don't wait till to clever to teach..."..... study

Last edited by Robert Steven on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistype)

Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:48 pm

[quote="Robert Steven"]
One more from my Grandma's wisdom "
[ Don't wait till too much to share; and don't wait till to clever to teach...[

Hello all,
Since i have not to much and being not to clever, the following;
I think one needs an ego.
Without an ego there is no learning,
even to learn that you stopped learning because of some personal developed ego manners.
But then the tree is mirroring your ego,
so maybe some hope of learning there in doing bonsai?
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:11 pm

tony wrote:
Jay Gaydosh wrote:I have an ego ...

AND SEVERAL ALTER EGOS!

wow Jay an Alter ego! I never thought of you as a priest Suspect

Most days I'm a liturgical quartet Razz Razz Razz Razz ,

on a really good day, I'm a monastic choir! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

On a bad day ...................... LEGION ! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

LEGO my EGO!

Bagpiper lol! thumbs up

Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:31 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum