Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wrightia religiosa

4 posters

Go down

wrightia religiosa Empty wrightia religiosa

Post  bigbabol Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:15 pm

I love this species so I had collected and trained many water jasmine in my garden,
here is one of them which I want to share to you and hope to receive your suggestion
thanks
wrightia religiosa DSC02710-1
wrightia religiosa DSC02709-1
bigbabol!
bigbabol
bigbabol

Back to top Go down

wrightia religiosa Empty Re: wrightia religiosa

Post  marcus watts Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:10 pm

hi,

i had a little play about as the kinked branch didnt match the rest of the tree so i chopped it off shorter ! then i've extended the back branch so it fills a little of the big gap, but being a back branch it will goive that side of the tree depth.

cheers, Marcus

wrightia religiosa DSC02710-1
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi Bigbabol.

Another very nice tree you got there. I tend to agree with Marcus, the two lower branches seems to be over extended.

But if it were mine, a rounder dome shape canopy would be better.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

wrightia religiosa Empty wrightia religiosa

Post  moyogijohn Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:52 am

Another good tree here,,you have so many....I to would shorten the bottom branches but extending that branch to the left ???? it is on a inside curve............ really nice tree...take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  bigbabol Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:36 am

hi Markus, Jun and Join
I am very glad to receive your opinions, these are good ideas, i will consider to them
thank you very much
Best regards!
bigbabol Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bigbabol
bigbabol

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:11 am

Hi bigbabol! Nice tree!
I think that Marcus' virtual gives a solution to that unpleasant gap on the left side.

May I ask some questions please... Very Happy Thank you!
I am growing some wrightia seedlings under fluorescent light for the time being. I've received the seeds last September and sowed them right away. They germinated (nearly all of them) and they are doing very well up to now.
I've gathered the general info about the species, but o you have any tips for me about their cultivation?
Any special guidelines?
They are fast growing, aren't they?
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:03 pm

moyogijohn wrote:Another good tree here,,you have so many....I to would shorten the bottom branches but extending that branch to the left ???? it is on a inside curve............ really nice tree...take care john

the foliage is from the back branch giving depth to the design and filling the big gap that the kinked branch was trying to fill. (it is not a branch growing from inside the curve whish is a totally diferent thing all together). This is the importance of remembering the real tree is a 3 dimensional object and not a flat thing that must only look good in photographs - which is something that the new breed of internet bonsai artists are often forgetting when they are making trees look nice for the forum viewers. When real people see your real trees they will look to the left, the right, often two people will stand side by side so they both see different views too.

i recently did a public display of 5 of my trees on free standing plinths so the public viewed the trees from 360 degrees, and it was amazing how many photos were taken from the 'back!'
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  bigbabol Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:25 am

hi alexsandra!
I haven't got enough vocabulary to share some knowledge about water jasmine to you, I only can write something :
it is a sunlight needed species, they grow fastly all season in tropical zone where is warm weather, soil is drainage and etc, you can see this link and translate them Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy , thanks
http://forum.caycanhvietnam.com/diendan/showthread.php?t=9735

hi markus, thanks, I see what you said
regards!
bigbabol

Last edited by bigbabol on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
bigbabol
bigbabol

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:11 am

Thank you bigbabol!

Very tricky the vietnamese translation... I quited too soon Very Happy Never mind!
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down