Satsuki variety question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Satsuki variety question

Post  Henrik Stubelius on Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:41 pm

This is a satsuki azalea that I bought this early spring, sorry about the bad pic and the busy background, I just want to know if anyone could tell me what variety it might be? I know there are thousands of varieties but maybe some are more frequently imported to europe? I bought it at Lodder bonsai in holland. The flower clours range from white to light pink and dark pink. Thanks in advance /Henke

Henrik Stubelius

Back to top Go down

Re: Satsuki variety question

Post  Kev Bailey on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:57 pm

Really difficult to ID an azalea unless you can upload a few photo's of all the flower types that occur and make sure they are all really representative of the flowers as you see them. Do you really have orange flowers? I suspect a lighting problem.

Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Better?

Post  Henrik Stubelius on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:37 am

Thanks Kev! I took some pics in broad daylight today, perhaps too bright? Hopefully the flowers can be identified by now, like I said earlier there are three main colors, white, pink and dark pink. Some have a pink stripe and some have darker spots of pink. theres a great variation indeed, maybe i havent seen it all yet, there are many more bud to öpen Very Happy
Cheers / Henke

Henrik Stubelius

Back to top Go down

Post  Henrik Stubelius on Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:30 pm

Took some more pictures today, after trimming away appr. fifty spent flowers. The flowering is massive!
Does anybody have an idea of what variety it is?
Oh, almost forgot, I saw guite a few ants crawling about among the twigs, usually where I find ants there's most likely aphids too. Can I use systemic treatments on azaleas or should i drown it in the usual stuff. and risk ruining the flowers?

Henrik Stubelius

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:28 am

Gyoten perhaps? Maybe Russell will chime in with more info.

John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Henrik Stubelius on Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:05 am

Thank you!
I think youre spot on, i did a little research and I think youre right, thanks again!
Cheers

Henrik Stubelius

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:05 am

Henrik Stubelius wrote:I know there are thousands of varieties
The book I go by has around 800 varieties

Back to top Go down

Post  Henrik Stubelius on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:19 am

[/quote]The book I go by has around 800 varieties[/quote]
Well, that's probably just about half of them, but some are more frequently imported than others I quess.

Henrik Stubelius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum