Fall colors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fall colors

Post  Andrei Darusenkov on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi, everbody!

I'm risking to be repetitious, however, ironically many of the trees slotted for the exhibition in the previous thread started to shed leaves prior to the exhibition, and it seems that they deserve to be shown in full fall colors against better background before a long winter brake here Smile They are all bare by now.....

Cheers,

Andrei


ash

dzelkva

elm

ginkgo

elm

euonymus

hawthorn

elm

apple

elm

pear





Andrei Darusenkov
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fall colors

Post  Rob Kempinski on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:56 pm

Andrei Darusenkov wrote:Hi, everbody!

I'm risking to be repetitious, however, ironically many of the trees slotted for the exhibition in the previous thread started to shed leaves prior to the exhibition, and it seems that they deserve to be shown in full fall colors against better background before a long winter brake here Smile They are all bare by now.....

Cheers,

Andrei



elm


Passes quickly but what a flash of color.

By the way I love the pot with the Chinese elm. Works perfectly - all the characters with the Chinese Elm and the blue with the yellow leaves. What's the history of that pot?

Rob Kempinski
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fall colors

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:12 pm

This time of the year again. Beautiful Andrei. Good to see so many deciduous in a bonsai world overwhelmed with conifers.
Below a few from my spot shot the last days.

Regards
Morten



Acer palmatum, Mame-bonsai


Acer palmatum, Mame-bonsai






Acer buergerianum, Trident Maple




Japanese maple, grown from seed from 20 years ago, air layered 11 years ago. Still in training stage.




Crapapple - in training stage.




Acer palmatum, Mame-bonsai

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fall colors

Post  Rui Marques on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi Morten, Andrei and all,

Morten do you have any pics of your little haw?

Andrei, the hawthorn is just sublime.


Rui Marques
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fall colors

Post  John Quinn on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Fantastic color, Andrei! I especially like the Zelkova and Ginkgo.

_________________
"Eschew obfuscation"

John Quinn
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fall colors

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:30 am

Thanks Rui. The Hawthorn is in the field, because it has suffered from the heavy freezing in the past two winters. Lets see later if it survives.
Regards
Morten

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fall colors

Post  Storm on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:04 am

Wonderfull! Thanks for posting.

Storm
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fall colors

Post  Andrei Darusenkov on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:55 am

Rob Kempinski wrote:
Andrei Darusenkov wrote:Hi, everbody!

I'm risking to be repetitious, however, ironically many of the trees slotted for the exhibition in the previous thread started to shed leaves prior to the exhibition, and it seems that they deserve to be shown in full fall colors against better background before a long winter brake here Smile They are all bare by now.....

Cheers,

Andrei



elm


Passes quickly but what a flash of color.

By the way I love the pot with the Chinese elm. Works perfectly - all the characters with the Chinese Elm and the blue with the yellow leaves. What's the history of that pot?

Rob, very pertinent question indeed! Smile Bonsai pots are not made commercially by anybody in Russia. However, sometimes one may come across in garden shops, etc. pots that look like a replica of a bonsai pot. Normally they are just ugly and insuitable for bonsai or any plant for that matter (no drainage holes, etc.). This is indeed the only exception to the rule, a nice combination of the shape, surface pattern and color. The elm was potted in it just before the exhibition to create contrast with yellow leaves... and it worked! Smile

Thanks!

Andrei

Andrei Darusenkov
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fall colors

Post  Andrei Darusenkov on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:57 am

morten albek wrote:This time of the year again. Beautiful Andrei. Good to see so many deciduous in a bonsai world overwhelmed with conifers.
Below a few from my spot shot the last days.

Regards
Morten


Morten, thanks! From your photos I almost feel how autumn is much nicer in your part of the world! Smile

Andrei Darusenkov
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fall colors

Post  Andrei Darusenkov on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:00 pm

Rui Marques wrote:Hi Morten, Andrei and all,

Morten do you have any pics of your little haw?

Andrei, the hawthorn is just sublime.


Rui, thanks! This hawthorn is quite memorable to me! This is the only yamadory that I brought from an official business trip ever! Smile That was many years ago when I visited Moldova as part of the World Bank team....

Andrei Darusenkov
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fall colors

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:29 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum