Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Response to Fukien Tea help

2 posters

Go down

Response to Fukien Tea help Empty Response to Fukien Tea help

Post  jake4bonsai Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:23 pm

Since so many people resonded to my request for help i am going to just do a new post so everyone can see it. I thank everyone for thier time to help me! Iris, i did put it in a bonsai pot with a hole and i use an organic bonsai soil. Very well draining consisting of very little peat compost and manure with perlite and pine bark. What doesnt make sence is that i have two other larger fukien teas and thier in the same conditions with the same materials and thier thriving along with many cuttings that are even flowering. I kept them in a well lit area outside getting good morning and evening sun with midday shade. As soon as i learn how to post pictures ill let everyone see before and after pictures of it. Since its colder now ive brought it inside where i had it infront of a well lit south window but now its in a terrarium with grow lights and i have gravel in the bottom to keep the plants up out of the water i keep in there for humidity. So now i know its got plenty of light and humidity because the cuttings in there are all rooted and growing and flowering. They seem to be thriving better in that terrarium than they did outside all summer being misted two or three times a day. I hope it makes it because the thought of losing trees breaks my heart! I am new to bonsai starting early this past spring but i love it, i will do this for the rest of my life. I have over 150 bonsai, prebonsai, and plants from cuttings and ive never had a problem with any until now. I have probably at least one of every most popular plants used for bonsai, and to the one that recomended elms i have 4 chinese elms and one zelkova but thanks anyway. lol. Thanks again to everyone, and if anyone thinks of more things it could be just let me know.

Thanks and happy bonsai! Jake
jake4bonsai
jake4bonsai

Back to top Go down

Response to Fukien Tea help Empty Re: Response to Fukien Tea help

Post  coh Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:55 pm

jake4bonsai wrote:...I am new to bonsai starting early this past spring but i love it, i will do this for the rest of my life. I have over 150 bonsai, prebonsai, and plants from cuttings and ive never had a problem with any until now.

Thanks and happy bonsai! Jake

Well, I call that diving in head first! 150 trees in the first year, that's pretty impressive.

Anyway, I didn't respond to your other post because I have no experience with fukien tea, but I'll say now - welcome to the forum...hope to see you around.

Chris
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Response to Fukien Tea help Empty Thanks

Post  jake4bonsai Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:16 pm

Thanks for the welcoming Chris, I appriciate it. Yea 150 plants is alot i know but many of them are cuttings that i root and sell as starter plants to get more people into this fantastic hobby. Any money made just goes right back into bonsai supplies. If i had to quess id say ive got probably 65 to 75 acual bonsai and pre-bonsai. Now that ive found this forum ill be here a while! lol. By the way does anyone know you founded and created this site?

Thanks again, Jake
jake4bonsai
jake4bonsai

Back to top Go down

Response to Fukien Tea help Empty Re: Response to Fukien Tea help

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down