Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer

3 posters

Go down

OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Empty OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer

Post  Ferdie * Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:56 am

Dear IBC,

Previously, i posted this Ficus and after few months of hunting a better and nice rock to transfer this, i finally found it, now, its ready for transfer....

BEFORE
OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Dsc02812

NEW FOUND ROCK
OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Dsc03330

Operation: Fi-cus Transfer Performed..
Things Needed:

OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Dsc03331

Oh, i forgot something, the BEER..gush

Here is the specimen, initial preparation was done before the operation..
OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Dsc03332[/url

Positioning..which is which, left or right, center perhaps, should be the proper place..

[url=https://servimg.com/view/16467933/120]OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Dsc03333

OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Dsc03334
OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Dsc03335
OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Dsc03336

well i need to decide now or else, the patient might die.. Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Mad

after 2 hours of operation..
OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Dsc03337
OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Dsc03338
OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Dsc03339
OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Dsc03340

Operation done.

Successful, i hope.. silent Rolling Eyes

Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Empty Re: OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer

Post  my nellie Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:51 am

My eye is not so much "trained" hence I cannot tell..., the photo of the ficus "before" doesn't show clearly whether the tree was already planted over a rock (covered by moss) and consequently the roots have been grown so very long. Will you please kindly explain that to me?
Thank you!
Wish your ficus has a quick and sound recovery! Smile
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferdie * Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:31 pm

my nellie wrote:My eye is not so much "trained" hence I cannot tell..., the photo of the ficus "before" doesn't show clearly whether the tree was already planted over a rock (covered by moss) and consequently the roots have been grown so very long. Will you please kindly explain that to me?
Thank you!
Wish your ficus has a quick and sound recovery! Smile

Hi, good day Nellie, i hope you somehow like it and find it interesting Surprised Rolling Eyes , so let me show you first another of the pictures taken before, kindly focus/observe on the enlarge/protruding root situated at the left of the rock, here it is..

OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Dsc03226
OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Dsc02813

It was planted, but if your idea of planting is with the soil, then it is not, the idea here of planting is the way of the ficus root to plant/clamp itself into the rock by way of its natural course, and ficus as it best, here in the philippines which in many times can be seen as cliffhanger because of its protruding roots that makes way itself to the rock and make it to survive out it, just like the other ficus of mine, here it is..

OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Dsc03227

but let me add this, its because of the normal thing for the ficus root here to grow large and protruding, that makes it more aesthetic when you found it cliff hang with the protruding root embracing the rock, another thing..let me quote what Jun said…”The ficus and rock combination were done closer to penjing approach. Some ficus here grows in some cliffs. it is not really a root over rock or planted on rock approach if you would compare it with the Western style like some maples over a rock we commonly see in the in the region.”

I hope somehow, i enlightend/explained everything in it, in so far as to recovery, the ficus is at peace/sound and has already adjusted to here new home... lol! Bagpiper
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:43 pm

Very kind of you to take the time to explain for me. Thank you!
You have very beautiful bonsais and some very unusual and easy species in your country .
I do like the whole display of your bonsai garden on your balcony. I have already commented elsewhere for the big wooden posts (from old railway), remember? Very Happy
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferdie * Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:17 am

my nellie wrote:Very kind of you to take the time to explain for me. Thank you!
You have very beautiful bonsais and some very unusual and easy species in your country .
I do like the whole display of your bonsai garden on your balcony. I have already commented elsewhere for the big wooden posts (from old railway), remember? Very Happy
Oh yes, i do recall that, and thank you too, for the appreciation..
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonzy Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:31 am

Very nice indeed, the manner of transfer looks a year ago, how did you do it, did you carve the rock, or maybe put another rock, because it looks different now..that's great..a job well done

Bonzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferdie * Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:13 am

Bonzy wrote:Very nice indeed, the manner of transfer looks a year ago, how did you do it, did you carve the rock, or maybe put another rock, because it looks different now..that's great..a job well done
Thank you for the appreciation, your right Bon, i made some workshop on the rock first and put some pieces of rock too in order to have a proper coordination with the aesthetic part of it and mask it with moss to look natural perhaps Laughing Smile
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonzy Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi Bro,
Please give us update after 2 weeks.

thanks

Bonzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferdie * Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:40 am

Bonzy wrote:Hi Bro,

thanks
Yup, sure, in two weeks time bro..thanks Very Happy
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:50 am

thanks
Yes, and I would also like to see the whole composition, i.e. the tray/plate into which the rock is standing. Very Happy
With a clear background if this is possible, this beautiful penjing will certainly show much better.

But Ferdie, taking again a closer look at the photos I've noticed some inconsistencies which I would like to notify and ask for your clarification.
Ferdie * wrote:... ...

well i need to decide now or else, the patient might die.. Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Mad

Operation done.

On the first photo the ficus leaves are just starting to emerge while on the second one (just after 2 hours) the leaves are already configuring completely. How can this be? I just would like to express my wonderings and I do assure you about my disposition.
Am I the only one to look at the pictures in "this way"? I mean, maybe I am wrong... will you please correct me Embarassed
Thank you!

Last edited by my nellie on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : necessary completion)
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferdie * Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:59 am

my nellie wrote:
thanks
Yes, and I would also like to see the whole composition, i.e. the tray/plate into which the rock is standing. Very Happy
With a clear background if this is possible, this beautiful penjing will certainly show much better.

But Ferdie, taking again a closer look at the photos I've noticed some inconsistencies which I would like to notify and ask for your clarification.
Ferdie * wrote:... ...

Operation done.

On the first photo the ficus leaves are just starting to emerge while on the second one (just after 2 hours) the leaves are already configuring completely. How can this be? I just would like to express my wonderings and I do assure you about my disposition.
Am I the only one to look at the pictures in "this way"? I mean, maybe I am wrong... will you please correct me Embarassed
Thank you!

Sure My Nellie i will do that Question by the way, that initial preparation of defoliation was being done 5 days before it was transferred, so the night before, as you can see in the picture, that was the time i removed the tree from its oiriginal rock and immersed it in the water, diluted with a root grower, in preparation for the morning operation, so three days when it was already established that thats the time i took the posted pictures and made this posting, Arrow so thats it..if you still have any clarification, feel free My Nellie...God Bless
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:18 am

Ferdie * wrote: ... ... that was the time i removed the tree from its oiriginal rock and immersed it in the water, diluted with a root grower, in preparation for the morning operation, ... ...
Ferdie, thank you very much!
Now it makes more sense to me (a beginner and ignorant..., do not forget) Very Happy
May I ask one more question, please? Should this operation of immerging the tree into a dilution of root growth stimulant be done everytime that a transplanting is being made? I mean..., the reasons are apparent but do you think this is necessary for every tree?
Thank you!

PS: I appeal your patience with me... Very Happy
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferdie * Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:42 am

my nellie wrote:
Ferdie * wrote: ... ... that was the time i removed the tree from its oiriginal rock and immersed it in the water, diluted with a root grower, in preparation for the morning operation, ... ...
Ferdie, thank you very much!
Now it makes more sense to me (a beginner and ignorant..., do not forget) Very Happy
May I ask one more question, please? Should this operation of immerging the tree into a dilution of root growth stimulant be done everytime that a transplanting is being made? I mean..., the reasons are apparent but do you think this is necessary for every tree?
Thank you!

PS: I appeal your patience with me... Very Happy
Good day My Nellie, its a case to case basis actually depending on the kind of tree, but as for me (being a rookie just like you), specially if you happen to find a materials, a gift perhaps from nature Laughing Mad , i actually use a root growth stimulant, before and after the planting, it is also worth mentioning in this kind of arrangement where the tree are vulnerable considering the manner of plantation done has no soil mixtures, where they get mostly the nutrients needed for growth, and if that is the case, we should make some supportive measures like a fertilizers to stimulate and boost the growth process,,,i also consider this and if you notice to the tip of the root, i actually put/curve/form a small hole and put/add an organic fertilizer and cover it with the moss..one technique i just did in support to the tree.....
OPERATION: FI-CUS Transfer Dsc03341

good day and God Bless Dance ThumbsUp
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:43 am

Ferdie * wrote: ... ... and if you notice to the tip of the root, i actually put/curve/form a small hole and put/add an organic fertilizer and cover it with the moss..one technique i just did in support to the tree...
... ... good day and God Bless
Hi again! Smile
If you have not already got bored with me... Embarassed I wonder if the organic fertilizer applied locally in such a small quantity of soil will conversely affect the root, like burning etc.
Thank you once more!
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferdie * Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:11 pm

my nellie wrote:
Ferdie * wrote: ... ... and if you notice to the tip of the root, i actually put/curve/form a small hole and put/add an organic fertilizer and cover it with the moss..one technique i just did in support to the tree...
... ... good day and God Bless
Hi again! Smile
If you have not already got bored with me... Embarassed I wonder if the organic fertilizer applied locally in such a small quantity of soil will conversely affect the root, like burning etc.
Thank you once more!
It's alright My Nellie, we are both beginners and eager to learn more, whereas, the local organic fertilizer that we have here is the safest of all the commercially made fertlizer and it has already the mixture of soil, thats why it safe to use, a good growth booster, with all the complete nutrients that a plants need, so nothing to worry..okie Very Happy
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:38 pm

Much obliged for your answers, Ferdie!

Ferdie wrote: ... ... we are both beginners and eager to learn more, whereas, ... ...
That's why we are here and that's why IBC has so many fans! Very Happy
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferdie * Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:14 am

my nellie wrote:Much obliged for your answers, Ferdie!

Ferdie wrote: ... ... we are both beginners and eager to learn more, whereas, ... ...
That's why we are here and that's why IBC has so many fans! Very Happy
Your Very much welcome My Nellie..goodluck to both of us..
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down