Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A change of angle?

3 posters

Go down

A change of angle? Empty A change of angle?

Post  Ryan Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:05 am

Hey all,

Just thought I would show this Ficus m. with you all and see what your opinions on it are. It's got a 1.5 inch base and decent taper, up until one point where there is a knob formed. This knob is formed when the main trunk joins a large branch going off to the right. What are your opinions on what I could do? Could I, perhaps, change the angle of the tree and create a new front as well as eliminating the inverse taper? Any comments are appreciated.

Here's the tree:
A change of angle? 00212

Nice taper up until the top:
A change of angle? 00310

A more drastic approach, chopping the tree and making the branch in yellow the leader (viewed from the side):
A change of angle? Virt10

Ryan

Back to top Go down

A change of angle? Empty A change of angle

Post  moyogijohn Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:29 pm

This is only my opion but,,, could you remove the large branch on the right,,tilt the tree right ,,if you want a shorter tree use a branch on the left as a new apex???? post again take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

A change of angle? Empty Re: A change of angle?

Post  Mark> Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:06 pm

moyogijohn wrote:This is only my opion but,,, could you remove the large branch on the right,,tilt the tree right ,,if you want a shorter tree use a branch on the left as a new apex???? post again take care john

The same suggestion I made in the other forum but I think he wants it to be informal upright.
Mark>
Mark>

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:16 pm

Thank you John! I considered that as Red also said something similar, but I plan on keeping this as an upright. I cleaned up the top a bit and gave it a new leader:
A change of angle? 00111
A change of angle? 00311

Ryan

Back to top Go down

A change of angle? Empty A change of angle

Post  moyogijohn Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:10 pm

Ryan ,, You did what I would have done had it been my tree...Kept all the top of the tree !! post again when you have it sorted out..take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down