View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  JimLewis on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:36 pm

What species used for bonsai are actively positively phototropic? I think I only have one. My Chamaecyparis pisifera turns toward the light so quickly that I have to turn it every other day, or its branches (and trunks) begin to all bend in one direction.

It's interesting . . . but a bit annoying, too -- especially when I'm away from home any length of time.

Are there others that are so obvious? And no, it doesn't really help with wiring -- except, perhaps, for a slant or windswept style.

Jim Lewis - - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

Back to top Go down

Re: Phototropism

Post  drgonzo on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi Jim

I have the "dwarf" version, and I just had to rotate it yesterday having noticed that it's "good" side has really grown to the sun, I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days but its funny you should post this cause I just noticed this myself yesterday. Not as pronounced as what you may be experiencing...but noticeable.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum