Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An idea for the mods (or operator of the forum)

+2
John Quinn
Gentleman G.
6 posters

Go down

An idea for the mods (or operator of the forum) Empty An idea for the mods (or operator of the forum)

Post  Gentleman G. Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:03 pm

Hello, everybody. I was just looking over some posts, admiring pictures when an Idea hit me... I'm not sure if you are familiar with facebook, but there is a feature that allows you to "tag" people in photos. Once you've "tagged" somebody, when you mouse over them in the picture, their name pops up. I was thinking this would be useful here. For example: One could "tag" the different types of trees and accent plants! So if I'm looking at a pic of a Black Pine with it's companion plant, the names of each respective plant would be right there! This could even be useful with stones too! Especially useful for pictures of larger collections/museums/arboretums where multiple trees/plants appear in the same shot. I'm not too sure exactly how this works, or if there's a way of applying it to this site. But if there is, I think it'd be a nice addition to an already great forum! At the very least, worth looking into...

G
Gentleman G.
Gentleman G.

Back to top Go down

An idea for the mods (or operator of the forum) Empty Re: An idea for the mods (or operator of the forum)

Post  John Quinn Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:43 am

Thanks for the idea...we'll look into it.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

An idea for the mods (or operator of the forum) Empty Re: An idea for the mods (or operator of the forum)

Post  jonkatzmail Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:25 pm

[tag = Texan holding head so he doesn't bonsai seaweed at Padre Island National Seashore ]
Cool
Sounds good to me

jonkatzmail

Back to top Go down

Post  Gentleman G. Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:45 am

Lord knows we have enough of it here, want some??? And, I'm holding my head cause... well... wait, what were we talking about??? Oh yeah, I'm from TEXAS (in an angry sh*t kicker voice). Very Happy
Gentleman G.
Gentleman G.

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:54 am

Well, they claim EVERYTHING'S BIGGER in Texas....
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Gentleman G. Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:05 am

Yeah, that they do! I'm not really one of "those guys". However, having been born and raised here, I do take a lot of pride in being from Texas... just not TOO much. Maybe when I was younger, but not so much now. There are a ton of people here who have that mentality, unfortunately. I hate that most Texans come across this way, but that's just how it goes I guess. Any time I have traveled out of state I found it funny how quickly somebody's opinion of you can change... just by simply hearing "I'm from Texas". Evil or Very Mad
Gentleman G.
Gentleman G.

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:49 am

I can do you one better than that. Try "Hi, I'm from Alabama." And I'm sure everyone from Mississippi knows how it feels.
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Gentleman G. Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:41 am

Touche, my friend!
Gentleman G.
Gentleman G.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:46 am

I just checked the Forumotion support forum and this boards software doesn't support this type of tags. Sorry. It was a good idea though.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gentleman G. Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:37 pm

No biggie, thank you for looking into it! Perhaps soon they will be able to add this feature. Until then, guess it's the old fashioned way Very Happy
Gentleman G.
Gentleman G.

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:26 pm

What would be good in the interim would be if everyone who posts a picture could put a caption under it stating what the tree and any accent plantings are. Sometimes it's easy to forget and/or to assume the title contains the information.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:08 am

Excellent point Fiona. A good relevant title makes searching that much easier.

The Tags feature has been requested by many other forum admins but there seem to be no moves to implement it by the tech guys at Forumotion yet. Our voice has been added to the list.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down