Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Danish stones

+17
dick benbow
my nellie
Andre Beaurain
Chris Cochrane
Todd Ellis
vlado
ogie
crust
kora
sunip
Billy M. Rhodes
trantanhung_nt
landerloos
peterbrod
drgonzo
stonener
fiona
21 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

My Danish stones Empty My Danish stones

Post  Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi friends

I could use some designhelp....

I have just carwed some of the daisa...the stone is going dawn to the line inside, so the design has to be a bit lower, and there after the legs.

After looking at the stone for some days, am I sure, this stone is " chinese mountain peaks ", in my mind.

Please help me design a profile in the daisa, to highlight this feeling.

My Danish stones Kinabj10

Kind regards Yvonne

Last edited by Chris Cochrane on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:01 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Yvonne asked that the title be corrected for "spelling." Capitalized first letter of "danish" in title, removed extra blank lines & repeated signature at end of post)

Back to top Go down

My Danish stones Empty Re: My Danish stones

Post  Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:43 pm

It is not easy to give good advise Very Happy before.....
I have been working like a bee for quit a few hours, and this is hov the daisa became.
I hope you like my result.
My Danish stones Img_6610
I painted the daiza black, as the wood was a bit to the red side, and the patern of the stone, is to the yellow.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:51 am

The mountainstone in the previus picture, and many more..about 45 stones, was found be me, near my home, in the last few weeks.
The stones was lying on a 100 m. long beach, a quet small bay, where no people go, and big waves, dont roll the stones forever and ever....close to all, has all a fab. patina...a little green on some of the stones, will have to be removed. All stones is placed on a table in my garden now, and is showered every day....A few stones is still on the beach, waiting to be collected
You may think it is unbeliveable....I too are stunned. This is some more of the stones....please enjoy

The bird below is quit big. Maybe 35 cm.
It has lovely schoulders and wings on both sides, the head has a gentle curve towards the wiever.

As usuall is the photoquality not very nice....I will have to wish for another camera.

My Danish stones Fugl_110
I am planning to upload, and send 4 more replies, so please look again later

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:00 am

I cant help playing arround, and try to make displays with my stones.....
With theese two new stones, of the same kind, did I make this.

I call it " Liberation? "

My Danish stones Img_6611

This is the stones for the display....They both have lovely patina, and no chips.

My Danish stones Woman_10

My Danish stones Erotio10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:11 am

Most of the stones showed, will have a daisa later....But first I will make daisas to those stones in the garden who really will benefit, with having one.....The lady in the previus will benefit, very soon.

Next is a display, I call " Erotion " The stones used are of the same kind, and they will not fall apart, nothing is loose on them, but I dont think they shall be in the garden...it is better to take them in. No more rain and frost for them. The biggest stone, has 3 lovely parts, not viible on the photo...the display must be shown live Smile

My Danish stones Erotio11

This stone was used in the previus display too

My Danish stones Erotio12

My Danish stones Erotio13

My Danish stones Erotio14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:24 am

This display, is with collourstones....In a good collourstone is black, red, yellow, and white present. I find my self very lucky, to also have found theese on the small beach.

My Danish stones Drage_10

To this display, I wrote a haiku

Sunset
Dragon fly high in sky ower mountain
in evening mist.

This is the stones

My Danish stones Drage_11

My Danish stones Sunset10

My Danish stones Taygeb10

This is all for now....I hope you enjoy...The displays may need to be refined, if they go in exhibition. But this is a little about me, and some of my ( new ) stones.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:38 pm

As I've already explained, I am only a dabbler in the whole area of stones so I am not really confident in commenting.

My comment is that I like the top stone in the Liberation and Erotion (should that be Erosion? erosion = the wearing away of something, eg rock, cliff-faces, river banks etc.) displays as it reminds me of an egg hatching. If I were using it in a display, I'd be tempted to have some sort of theme to do with hatching eggs - maybe using a figurine of an animal or bird instead of another stone. Or perhaps use your bird stone from another pic. But I don't know if using a figurine with a stone is allowed in the rules of displaying stones.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi Fiona

Sorry about the wrongspelling ( I am afraid you will have much more of that).. but it is erosion...
The story/idea with an egg hatching is very nice. There are so many displays hidden in all theese stones, I find theese days. " rules allowed ", it is guidelines, and I have no idea....if I want to insert a figurine, I will do it.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

My Danish stones Empty U lead, I'll follow

Post  stonener Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:58 pm

Nice multi level theme display stand looks familiar, good job!... Suspect

stonener

Back to top Go down

My Danish stones Empty ? i c

Post  stonener Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:10 pm

I see a woman with her long hair sitting back gazing at the heavens and counting stars!... Suspect

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:59 pm

In observation and reflection on your stones, you have found and were inspired to compose Haiku, I believe you have discovered the power of Suiseki, perhaps in time I will too.

wonderfull!
-Jay
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  peterbrod Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:53 pm

hi YvonneMy Danish stones Img_6610
peterbrod
peterbrod

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi Drgonzo

Normaly, I am more quiet with my stones...and at the moment, is the stones found, more rapid, than I like....but then again, the hunt is fantastic. And back home, am I looking forward to find their secrets. A few may be releast back into the wild, and some will I give away, as how many stones do I need, to be happy....But yes Drgonzo, I am dedicated to the stones.

This is what can happen, when a stone is shown to members of IBC... Stonener starts, and you Peterbrod, is drawing a naked lady on my mountainpeak-collorstone affraid I may have to give the stone away to a man now....or keep it, because you both made me laugh Very Happy Very Happy.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:42 pm

I found a stone yesterday that my girlfriend sees a rabbit in and I see a polar bear, but if I turn the stone, Its an Island in a stream..the best stones are the ones that suggest and hint rather than state exactly what they are I think. Like cloud shapes as they always say..
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:30 pm

Hi again Drgonzo

I think a poet is hidden in you, I am sure you will find many lovely stones in the years to come....I dont mind other people find new things in my stones, I like it, it is interesting....But I am not a man, and a naked lady is maybe not exactly what I wanted Smile It gott my head out of the poetic clouds, and brought me, a kind of dawn to the ground.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:02 pm

This little stone, was also on "my" beach....It is a sightstone. One of my fauvorite stones. I have often seen them in Japan, but they are always very expensive....This one is danish, and I found it...thats much better. The little stone is 8.5 cm long, and 3.5 cm on the tallest point.
I carved the daiza from, what appeared to be a tiny piece of wood, but it became even much tinyer, as the work began to take shape.
It will take a while, before I try to make such a small stand again

My Danish stones Uden_t10

The small stone, has the natural patina, and is showed dry.

My Danish stones Med_ta10

Now I could finaly make use of the small old tower.

My Danish stones Fra_ov11
In the background is a small lake.

I hope you enjoy the stone.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:46 pm

It no doubt takes a WELL practiced eye to notice a stone such as this among no doubt thousands of others, I would never have seen this stone if it were me standing on that beach. Well done! The natural patina is also excellent!
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:19 pm

Thanks Drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:31 pm

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:It is not easy to give good advise Very Happy before.....
I have been working like a bee for quit a few hours, and this is hov the daisa became.
I hope you like my result.
My Danish stones Img_6610
I painted the daiza black, as the wood was a bit to the red side, and the patern of the stone, is to the yellow.

Kind regards Yvonne

I like this a lott Yvonne, but dont see the same thing you see, I see a woman at the beach and throwing here long hair back. (probably because I am a man Wink )

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:46 pm

PEEETER!

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:21 pm

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:PEEETER!

I know, I mis the summer we still have to get.

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:01 am

I found theese two stones yesterday.....
The one looks like a big fat frog to me, and the other, is my very first waterfallstone...sadly has the qristal waterfall turned gray...maybe there is a way to have it cleaned. Does anyone know how to do this?.

My Danish stones Fra_1_11

My Danish stones Vandfa10

My stoneseach soon found an end...I will do other things now. My bussinesparter from Japan, who I have not heard from since the Szunami, send me a mail yesterday Very Happy . So, now is must work...I could also use the money. And most of all, I will go back to japan soon.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:50 am

A few days ago, I found this stylish little "near mountain" stone", I like it very much, because the direction of the stone is gentle, and the top, who broke off way back then, is highlighting the direction, also is the stone gently comming towards you....in the daisa, is the stone standing 8 cm tall, and 9 cm. wide.

My Danish stones Img_6612

Please enjoy the stone Smile
After the photo was taken, was the stone placed in the garden again.

My Danish stones Img_6613

I used mahogany for this daisa. Sometimes I use teak.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:38 am

peterbrod wrote:hi YvonneMy Danish stones Img_6610

Hi Yvonne.

I saw this image too, but not the chest area exposed. Peter got wilder visual imagination. Suspect

Nice stone by the way.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:04 am

OH MY GOD, what can I say...JUN What a Face

( I am happy you are more moderate... but you showed the tits again....I will have to give the stone away.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next