Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stick in a pot ginkgo

Go down

stick in a pot ginkgo Empty stick in a pot ginkgo

Post  MrFancyPlants Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:35 pm

One last post for the day. This was harvested as a (stinky) seed off the streets of Philadelphia. The leaves are huge and the roots are really ugly under the surface. It is pretty enough to me, although nowhere near bonsai status. I am considering using a wire tourniquet and rooting hormone to establish a strong base.

stick in a pot ginkgo 100_1220

I am also considering chopping above the first bud detailed below. I have read many warning about ginkgo's inability to close wounds, but I think it might recover.

stick in a pot ginkgo 100_1219

If I don't chop at the first bud, can you recommend another place to top the tree?

Last edited by MrFancyPlants on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling corrections)
MrFancyPlants
MrFancyPlants

Back to top Go down

stick in a pot ginkgo Empty Re: stick in a pot ginkgo

Post  MrFancyPlants Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:31 pm

stick in a pot ginkgo Image18
Not much of an update other than to say"still alive". I am going to do some serious root work on this in the spring, and then put it back in the basket to escape. I figure if I get the base figured out, the top will sort itself out in time.
I'd love to hear some tips.

Thanks, david
MrFancyPlants
MrFancyPlants

Back to top Go down