URBAN COLLECTED JUNIPER

View previous topic View next topic Go down

URBAN COLLECTED JUNIPER

Post  mike page on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:12 pm

The great urban collector Tim Kong of San Francisco collected an old juniper and brought it to my monthly workshop a couple of years ago. There was much more to it when he brought it. He indicated the spot where he wanted it split, and I went to work with my reciprocating saw. When I finished, Tim took the part he wanted and gave me the rest. I potted it right away in the dragon pot because it was available.
Yesterday I decided it had sat on the bench long enough and was ready to carve. The first picture is before attack and the second is after. Height from pot rim is about 11 inches. There will be refinement to both wood and foliage as time goes by.

mike page

Back to top Go down

Re: URBAN COLLECTED JUNIPER

Post  JimLewis on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:27 pm

FUN!

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:48 am

So all that's alive is the little stick in the middle?? That's NOT a critique, just a question....

Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  rock on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:10 am

electric termite in action perhaps

flutter eyelashes

rock

Back to top Go down

Post  mike page on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:08 am

rock wrote:electric termite in action perhaps

flutter eyelashes

Right! This is an electric termite tree. Credit to my good friend Phyllis Swanson who coined the term. She is recovering from knee surgery at this time. I hope they got all the termites out. Cool

mike page

Back to top Go down

Post  mike page on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:11 am

Russell Coker wrote:So all that's alive is the little stick in the middle?? That's NOT a critique, just a question....

Yes Russell, the live part of this tree is all in the center.

mike page

Back to top Go down

You guys are legends with the dremel

Post  rock on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:45 pm

mike page wrote:
rock wrote:electric termite in action perhaps

flutter eyelashes

Right! This is an electric termite tree. Credit to my good friend Phyllis Swanson who coined the term. She is recovering from knee surgery at this time. I hope they got all the termites out. Cool

coool
Laughing

rock

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:58 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum