Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urgent bonsai tool pricing question

+2
JimLewis
AK_Panama
6 posters

Go down

Urgent bonsai tool pricing question Empty Urgent bonsai tool pricing question

Post  AK_Panama Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Hello everyone,

I am being offered a Joshua Roth 11-inch concave cutter (the big one) for $110.00.

Is this a good price?
AK_Panama
AK_Panama

Back to top Go down

Urgent bonsai tool pricing question Empty Re: Urgent bonsai tool pricing question

Post  JimLewis Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:58 pm

JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Urgent bonsai tool pricing question Empty Re: Urgent bonsai tool pricing question

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:25 pm

You are asking about an 11 inch cutter, the one Jim found was an 8 inch for $80.
I think the $110 is about the going price, not a great deal
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Muscio Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:29 pm

Jim,
Your link is for what seems to be an 8-inch cutter for about $80. If we price these tools per inch length, $110 for an 11-inch cutter seems about right! Wink
Oliver

p.s., Billy got his post in while I was composing mine...

Oliver Muscio

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:57 pm

its ok if you need an 11 " cutter and are happy to pay the asking price- i never needed one so big personally but you may have some big branches to cut and hollow
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  AK_Panama Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:04 pm

Ok...I would basically be saving the shipping n handling costs down to my country.

Is this brand good?average?
AK_Panama
AK_Panama

Back to top Go down

Post  alonsou Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:40 pm

All of my tools are Joshua, I think they are worth the price, you can't go wrong with them, in my opinion.
alonsou
alonsou

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:53 pm

Joshua Roth tools are quality and if shipping is a significant cost, and it frequently is even in the US, then this is a good deal. I find I use the 11 inch cutter as much as I use the 8 inch, and tropicals get large quickly.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  AK_Panama Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:33 am

Thanks everyone!!!

I got the 11 inch concave cutter and a 11 inch knob cutter as well for the same price!

I was tired of having a go at those huge ficus with 8 inch tools. Huge differrence!
AK_Panama
AK_Panama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down