Bonsai Widows/Widowers

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bonsai Widows/Widowers

Post  Tony on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:20 am

We have had a long running post on ‘my little helper’ Here do we love our pets more than our partners (if we have one)

Every so often a partner is mentioned here on IBC, I know that without Carolyn I would not be able to be as involved with bonsai as I am. Many members have met Carolyn whilst attending Burrs and know how organised and easy going she is… it’s as well as I am not organised. So here is a tribute to my Partner, the photo is at Godrevy Lighthouse, the one from Virginia Woolf’s ‘To the lighthouse’

I have met Terry, Rob K’s wife who is a golf AND Bonsai widow… she must have the patience of a saint.

Let see your partners and if you ‘suffer’ for their hobby (Model Planes) then there is the justice

‎"Study me as much as you like, you will never know me, for I differ a hundred ways from what you see me to be. Put yourself behind my eyes, and see me as I see myself, for I have chosen to dwell in a place you cannot see." — Rumi

Visit Tony's Bonsai website

If you Tweet?

Tony

Back to top Go down

Re : Bonsai Widows.Widowers

Post  Bob Brunt on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:53 pm

This is long suffering lovely other half Yvonne.She puts up with a great deal (not all Bonsai related)

Picture taken at the Welsh Mountain Zoo

Bob Brunt

Back to top Go down

Re: Bonsai Widows/Widowers

Post  Damienindesert on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Last edited by Damienindesert on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Damienindesert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:14 pm

Good idea with a tribute to honour the suffering part of our hobby ... Shocked
Luckily my wife and I have a common interest in garden work, so we enjoy that and many other things together. But when I am of to bonsai she stays away . I am probably "unreachable" anyway.

Regards
Morten

This is Lisbeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja on Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:55 pm

This is a great idea. Here's my better half.

Have a great week everyone!!!!
Sam

Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:49 pm

Here's my ball and chain, Sandra, enjoying a proper coffee in a canalside cafe in Amsterdam.

Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:04 pm

Found a funny old photo of my better half who doesnt complaint even if I wake her up with me practicing my violin early in the morning..

Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:15 am

Susan, my wife of 31 years. I have my cycling and bonsai, she has her horse!

John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Damienindesert on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:25 pm

Well, we're all very fortunate people, and what a lovely gallery of beautiful ladies.... and a super-beautiful horse too.

queen queen queen queen queen queen

Damienindesert

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Here is my very paitent wife Sally who some IBCers have met but I'm sure they would never have thought of her doing this affraid

Here she is keeping fit doing pole in the Ballerina pose (look, no hands!!). She studied dance at school and has always enjoyed different ways of keeping fit but this one did take me by suprise!!

bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:46 pm

That, Si, is what's known in the trade as a 'conversation stopper.'

Guaranteed to break the ice at parties!

Especially naughty ones Very Happy

Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:32 pm

Bonsai widowers seriously under-represented on this thread so here are my boys. Dunno what they were talking about in the second pic - I didn't like to intrude

Oh yeah, names: the one on the left with the shaggy hair is Buddy and the one on the right with the shaggy hair is George.

To answer the question, no I don't think I suffer from being a model aircraft widow - for one thing it's freed up the tv remote somewhat. Plus he enjoys doing his hobby as do I my cycling and bonsai so we're both happy. It must work fine as we've both long since ceased sneaking new purchases into the house/garden under cover of darkness so we don't have to fess up how much they cost. Laughing

fiona

Back to top Go down

Bonsai Widows & Widowers

Post  bonsaisr on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:22 pm

Here's my big enabler, Elihu. We are celebrating our 60th anniversary next year, hopefully in Denver.
He has never been a garden or art person, but he is weakening. He is a retired engineer. He looks at bonsai at shows with an engineer's eye, Does it work? We usually agree.
He helps me with watering, schlepping, heavy wiring, electrical connections, etc. But he's definitely getting worse. Recently, we passed a maple tree growing in the ground, with a new shoot growing out of an old pruning cut. He asked me why it was doing that, so I had to give him a lecture on dormant buds in the branch collar.
Iris

bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:32 am

bonsai monkey wrote:Here is my very patient wife Sally who some IBCers have met but I'm sure they would never have thought of her doing this affraid

Okay. Fess up. How many of us, in the two days since Simon posted this, have gone out and found a pole somewhere and tried to do this? I did, along with several members of Walkers Cycling Club. Kilmaurs main street has never been so stunned as various big hairy Walkers cyclists slid less than gracefully down several lampposts in their feeble attempts.

So all I can say is "boy that ain't easy!" Hats off to Sally for being able to do it. Way to go our gal Sal! ThumbsUp

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:14 am

I do love English humor!
This
fiona wrote: .... .... Oh yeah, names: the one on the left with the shaggy hair is Buddy and the one on the right with the shaggy hair is George.... ...
and the above post made me loughing a lot! Thank you Fiona!

my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:33 am

I am happy to see, not all are married to young beatifull ladies...... So I think it is safe, to show you my husband trough almost 30 years, now.
Palle is very supporting....He digs up trees for me, he water my trees when I am out of town....and for at least 5 years, has he called a small tree, a shohin. This is more than anyone can expect....
Palle takes care of the a birdssanctuary we live in...and hes hobby is nature, and birdwatching....When Palle and I, is out for a walk, he look up, and I look dawn Rolling Eyes

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Here's Jackie and Charles Dickens. Over our 56 years, she's attended almost as many bonsai meets as I have horse shows.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:46 pm

tony wrote:We have had a long running post on ‘my little helper’ Here do we love our pets more than our partners (if we have one)

I have met Terry, Rob K’s wife who is a golf AND Bonsai widow… she must have the patience of a saint.

Nice idea Tony, our spouses/supporters do deserve more recognition.
Any yes, Terry, commonly called - She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO) - is a Golf / bonsai widow. However, she has tennis to take up her time while I'm away. In fact she says she likes it when I'm not around!!! Wink But at least she serves as a third leg of redundancy for watering my trees when I am away on travel. Rolling Eyes

Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Bonsai Widows/Widowers

Post  The Lad on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:49 am

Hi Everyone

Here's "TheBoss" or " Better half " My wife Anne feeding our latest edition Isabella (12 days old when the image was taken )

We are both new to the Bonsai World and Culture about 5 years now and I am trying to get her more involved but she reckons one Mr Miyagi in the family is enough (I wish )

And here's the both us with both Grand-Daughter's the eldest one is Megan Jane (better known as MeeMee as that's all she would to say when she wanted anything ) nowadays believe me she says a lot lot more as she is 4 years going on 64 years or more

take care all and great suggestion and thanks Mr. T

Jim thelad

The Lad

Back to top Go down

bonsai widows/widowers

Post  john5555leonard on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:48 am

as some of you may know i,v been having problems posting pictures but i,v got there at last, anyway tony i thought this was a good idea for a topic, and here,s the reason i left england to live in thailand . sorry pics layed down but i prefer her that way. regards john . thanks for sorting the photo tony, i,m as bad with camera,s as i am with computers< there,s all these buttons and things> i even forgot to mention her name is kai and is lovely but can,t understand how i can spend what she thinks is so much money on bonsai. for example she has flown down to her beach house in phuket to fit a new bathroom and a new plasma tv !!! then has the cheek to phone me to say don,t spend too much on trees while she,s away . she knows me too well

Last edited by john5555leonard on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I turned the photo)

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Jaeger on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:03 pm

This is my better half Julie. I would say that i am a very lucky man with a wife like mine. She loves to cook (it shows on my stomach) and she is always planning long weekend get aways. Next month will be our first anniversary, so hopefully we have a long way to go.

Here is us in vegas last year before the wedding at the wynn hotel.

Neil Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post  Damienindesert on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:20 pm

Moderators. We need a 'like' button on threads like this, and others where there's no need to comment, but where a little acknowledgement makes a difference..

thumbs up

Damienindesert

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:41 pm

Sadly not possible at the moment but we can always add it to the list of features we'd like added.

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:46 pm

my nellie wrote:I do love English humor!.... Thank you Fiona!

While we're on the introductions, Everyone, meet Alexandra - the only person who has ever called me English...

And survived. Evil or Very Mad

Just as well I LIKE you My Nellie! Bagpiper Bagpiper Bagpiper Bagpiper Bagpiper Bagpiper Bagpiper

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Smithy on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:19 pm

Great thread .
Here is my lovely wife Emanation.

IMG_5520 by Smithyla, on Flickr

Smithy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:04 am

Sponsored content