Adenium questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adenium questions

Post  Russell Coker on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:47 pm

Okay, don't laugh, but yesterday I picked up an Adenium that looks like it may have some potential. It has a single trunk with soft movement and good branches. Best part is that it doesn't look like a potato with a branch sticking out of it.

The branches come off the trunk at a pretty severe angle, but I think I can ease them down and out a little. They are about 12 inches long and covered with leaves from top to bottom. I'm afraid that where ever I cut that branch is where the new buds will break, but probably not any farther back. Any thoughts?

I don't really care if it's bonsai, or just bonsai-ish. I like some of the ones shown here from SE Asia. Does anyone know the tricks of working with these things????

R

Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium questions

Post  memet on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:15 pm

I have adenium.
You can cut the roots, gives new.
Cut all branch will give all new, so easy to work on. Easy to wiring like succulents

memet

Back to top Go down

Post  jonkatzmail on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:49 am

I don't know since I am new. But I bought one a while back and put it next to a Mandevilla vine I bought that started blooming red tubular flowers and was wondering when the Adenium would bloom. Well, I moved the Adenium last week and half the red flowers turned out to belong to it! I was really happy, but it also had roots growing out the bottom of the pot into the dirt and those broke when I moved it. I guess that is okay. The Adenium looks something like an ancient fertility god amulet of a woman with large hips and thighs but without breasts. Nothing looks like it I guess.... Razz

jonkatzmail

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:42 pm

The large caudex on Adenium is usually found on plants grown from seed, while plants grown from cuttings are slower to develop a caudex.

Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:16 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum