Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long thread on Slovakia stones

4 posters

Go down

Long thread on Slovakia stones Empty Re: Long thread on Slovakia stones

Post  Bugeye Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Can't we start a new thread here? Stone from Slovakia is long gone.

Bugeye

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:16 pm

Hi Bugeye

This is a very good idea.....Peterbrod, please Smile

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  vlado Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi friends
This is the longest thread, so why stop ? In this thread is a lot of useful information about suiseki art.
Some of these stones will never be suiseki I know, but this is very nice hobby for many of us.
Have a nice day.
vlado
Long thread on Slovakia stones Tardos10

vlado

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:41 pm

I think Peter wishes to present his own stones in one thread as many potters do on another IBC forum. Seeing the full range of stones gives a clearer perspective on an entire collection. Peter's collection is much larger than most.

On the downside of showing all your stones is the problem of another poster hijacking your thread. I think we try to avoid it as respectful participants. When threads are hijacked, it is okay to ask a moderator to split the thread. None of the IBC Moderators abuses this privilege; it is often discussed and can take either hours or days to implement. Moderators would rather have participants in a thread comment on its utility than intervene without it being addressed among participants. Sometimes a disrespectful post or unacceptable advertisement must be removed quickly & in those cases every moderator moves quickly... and we back-up each other. Special thanks is due to Fiona & Kev who catch things so quickly that most would not be aware!

At least, that is my take on how things work.

I appreciate your concern, Bugeye, and appreciate your reinforcing his suggestion, Yvonne. Thanks for commenting, Vlado. Peter chose this method to share. He is not an English speaker & difficulty in translation or recalling a past post is eased by keeping posts on a long thread. Peter probably doesn't read every stone thread. I can't keep up on threads in foreign language forums where I depend on an automated translation.

I am comfortable with the long thread, but appreciate it is a surprise to some. If there is significant contact on this issue (and I hope there is), I will split the comments from Peter's thread. Therefore, write separately about your thoughts on extensive threads & separately on comments regarding Peter's stones. We can keep the two threads orderly for later splitting... or split them, now... :-)

How can we support you best, Peter?
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi Vlado... You also post stones from your homeland on this thread, and they are wondrous examples of suiseki. I don't think it would work so well for some countries (e.g., all Vietnamese stones in one thread), but it has been serviceable for you and Peter such that international enthusiasts have an impression of "stones from Slovakia." Obviously, it is far from complete, but it gets supplemented by other threads involving your nation's stones.

Thanks for your many contributions.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  vlado Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi Chris.
Thank you for the explanation. I agree with you.
Best regards.
vlado

vlado

Back to top Go down

Long thread on Slovakia stones Empty Long thread on Slovakia stones

Post  Bugeye Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:23 pm

Yes. It is a great thread just keeps getting off track. Smile

Bugeye

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:11 pm

I think I better explain why I thought a new tread would be nice....And this was not because it was long gone.....

Many times have Chris Cochrane used my name, when he want to explain about suiseki......he has "quoted" me,
without actully quoting my exact words, He twist my words, and send out, for everyone to read, hes versions, about what I say, and do......
Lately there was a new free-fantasi again, so far from what I do, and think... that it to me looked like a lie.

I wanted to stop this, and thought a new topic would be nice......To leave all this behind.

But I also find it a pity, and if Peterbrod will go back to the first long topic, he fully will have my support.

To Chris Cochrane

Please respect my words, and stop bringing your free fantasi versions about me,
witchs close to allways is not flattering for me. Talk to me direct, and if my answer is poor, ask again.
You are also welcome to quote me. But then please push the buttom in the upper right corner.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Vlado, could you (or indeed anyone else) give me an indication of what type of stone the one in your picture is. I don't mean what type of suiseki it is - I mean its geological/mineral composition as it looks more like one of my mineral specimens. That is not an insult - I am just interested in what is "in" it.

Many thanks

Fiona
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:47 pm

Hi to you readers of this tread

Yesterday, I saw Chris had seperated the long tread.
And saw this tread as a deadend...and found only Chris would be interesting in reading my reply.
I am sorry Vlado, first now I see you want to continue this tread.
Please understand my mistake, and forgive.

But still, do I want Chris not to refer to what I say in hes replys. Chris should be able to answer for him self, and not drag in me...unless prober quoted.

Please forgive me Vlado. Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi Fiona... I'm not skilled as a geologist but imagine you will find similar stone material referenced as "jasper"-- an opaque form of chalcedony. It includes a wide variety of colorful stones.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  vlado Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi Fiona
It is piece of red marble from Tardos village in Hungary.There is a marble surface mine.
vlado

vlado

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi Vlado

The stone is very nice. I like the red collour, and the shape of it.....can we see the backside?

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down