Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Future for Shohin?

+5
jrodriguez
fiona
Hans Vleugels
landerloos
Bob Bailey
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Future for Shohin? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Future for Shohin?

Post  fiona Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:13 am

Hans Vleugels wrote:
Rob Kempinski wrote:BTW What's a "kifu" tree?
Rob,

Kifu bonsai are trees between 21 and 35 cm. It's just a term like 'shohin' is...
And therein lies the reason why I lumped non-Shohin or Mame together in the poll as "larger bonsai" as there are a number of such classifications and I am not sure they all "translate" from one continent to others.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

The Future for Shohin? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Future for Shohin?

Post  hiram Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:51 am

Hi Morten, and I share the same concern. My club, the Bonsai Society of Miami has an annual show and one of our Judges asked me where are the big trees. Not because it is my club, but because we take great pride on putting on a great show. Ray and myself designed and built our shohin displays fro our club. I was fortunate to win first place in the Shohin category. I believe Shohin is gaining great strengths among Bonsai Artist. They are easy to manage, you can work them inside the house when the heat index is over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and they don't break your back. What a Face Thank you once again for posting your travels to the Shohin nurseries.
hiram
hiram

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2