Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CONTAINER SELECTION- HELP NEEDED

+51
Reiner Goebel
Tom Benda
Klaudia & Martin
Brett Summers
shannon
Ryan B
Roy Wixson
xuan le
Andrei Darusenkov
Ferdie *
Seth Ellwood
John Quinn
sunip
Greg
dorothy7774
Dave Murphy
gman
tim stubbs
coh
ferdy-san
mike page
Karl Thier
Eastern Bonsai
Mitch Thomas
-Brent-
lolo_orellana
PaulH
Ed Trout
zejer
manosvince
Viriato Oliveira
JimLewis
Russell Coker
Storm
Neil Jaeger
Joao Santos
David Carvalho
Billy M. Rhodes
my nellie
Walter Pall
GerhardGerber
marcus watts
Rafal Kulesza
Curtis
ogi uyehara
Samson Chong
Bruce Winter
Rob Kempinski
Cullen Wegman
Jarrod
William N. Valavanis
55 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NEW CONTAINER SELECTION- HELP NEEDED - Page 2 Empty 7 is ok

Post  lolo_orellana Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:23 pm

pot number 7 is the most suitable... but its just my opinion right....
lolo_orellana
lolo_orellana

Back to top Go down

NEW CONTAINER SELECTION- HELP NEEDED - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW CONTAINER SELECTION- HELP NEEDED

Post  -Brent- Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Deep cream oval pot for me Bill.
-Brent-
-Brent-

Back to top Go down

NEW CONTAINER SELECTION- HELP NEEDED - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW CONTAINER SELECTION- HELP NEEDED

Post  Mitch Thomas Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:53 pm

I started watching this thread last night and waited to put my 2cents in. I too like pot #7. I think the color goes good with the trunk and foliage. I also think the shallow pot makes the trunk a much more powerful element and the composistion stronger and balanced. I do wish the pot was wider and think it would be perfect! Now is it the right choice for the health and maintenance of the tree I don't know. All of this from a neophyte in our hobby and in my most humble opinion.
Mitch

Last edited by Mitch Thomas on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added)

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Eastern Bonsai Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:44 pm

Hello,
I would choose the first blue bonsai pot. I think the others are a bit to bright and would distract from the beauty of the maple.
Abe
Eastern Bonsai
Eastern Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Thier Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Hi William My favorites is No. 1 or No. 6.
Karl Thier
Karl Thier

Back to top Go down

Post  mike page Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:50 pm

Either cream oval works for me.
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

Post  ferdy-san Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:59 pm

I don't know if it is a Portuguese thing... but i would go for the deep cream or the yelow one, defenitly the yelow one, yeah, thats my choice Very Happy

ferdy-san

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:56 pm

I've been trying to find reasons to pick one of the others, but I keep coming back to the blue pot...which just looks right to me. Think it looks good with the green foliage and will also work well with the (presumed) red fall color. The cream pots look too stark to me, they seem to draw too much attention to the pot as opposed to the tree. But what do I know!

Chris

Edited to add - my second choice would be the brown pot.
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  tim stubbs Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:08 pm

the yellow pot
tim stubbs
tim stubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  gman Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Hi Bill,
Have you had enough votes for the deep cream pot yet?
However, I like the blue pot but in the size (height and width) of the deep cream pot. The only thing that throws me off a little with the blue pot is that the feet(legs) are not of the same colour -pity.
Cheers G
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Murphy Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:29 pm

What Walter said. I think the blue pot would be perfect except for it's size. Either of the cream ovals would work, but I would prefer the more shallow version.

Dave Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post  dorothy7774 Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:33 pm

The deep cream oval poy looks perfect to me. The nebari looks great in this pot!

-dorothy
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:50 pm

Yellow, the japanese way??? scratch

Greg

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi William,
All the shown pots don't help the tree i feel, the tree deserves a better pot.
Nr. one shows the tree needs a glaze with a bit more life in it, not so plain.
Nr. seven gets nearer but has the wrong shape.
regards, Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:45 pm

Deep cream oval.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Ellwood Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:14 am

Out of the pots avalible I would go with the last one shallow cream oval.The size and shape are just about perfect to my eye .And the color does go well with the bark I feel a medium blue color (slightly darker than the blue in pot #1)in this style would make a stunning display in fall as well as the spring .

Seth Ellwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferdie * Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:06 am

Hi William,

I like the shallow cream oval pot but i love the most is your tree, can you give me one, Pleaseeeeeee, hehe Very Happy bounce

God Bless,
Ferdz
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrei Darusenkov Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:43 am

Hi, Bill!

Great tree!

Shallow cream oval works best for me in terms of traditional approach. Though, perhaps in a yellow one it will stand out to look different. Very Happy

Cheers,

Andrei

Andrei Darusenkov

Back to top Go down

Post  xuan le Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:20 pm

I vote for the Shallow crean oval pot (the one in the last picture)

Xuan

xuan le

Back to top Go down

Post  Roy Wixson Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:19 am

Well, our jury at this house (D & me) vote for the shallow cream oval pot. Our reasons? Watch the curve of the edge of the pot get repeated by the curve of the right side of the trunk. Also, if the tree is to be shown BEFORE the leaves turn color, then the cream color best compliments the bark on the trunk and the vivid green of the leaves stand out even more.

Roy Wixson

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan B Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:24 am

Bill,
As you said, all are pretty suitable pot choices, and not just because the roots fit!
That being said, yellow is a nice all season choice, contrast in the fall and spring, compliment in the summer, and a bit of bright during your long cold winters upstate. To my mind most significant, the fact that the primary branch is also the depth branch, in the rear, makes the tree a bit nonconformist, so for me a nice old yellow would suit it's style well here in the west.
But this yellow lacks the patina this great old American tree needs, so it's out. Same with the deep cream oval, too new too bright, makes the tree Appear young, out. The deep square cream oval is the wrong shape for my mind, too masculine for such a graceful feminine tree.
The green is too dark, overwhelms the image and detracts from the brightness of the foliage.
The brown is a bit too masculine, I think accentuating the curves of this tree would be best.
That leaves the blue and the shallow cream. Both are good for all season display(even if this IS just a slip pot for show) and the shallow cream is a little darker than the other creams presented, making it look older and therefore suiting the tree better.
That's my rationale, 1st choice shallow cream, 2nd choice blue.
Ryan
http://japanesepots.wordpress.com/

Ryan B

Back to top Go down

Post  shannon Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:21 am

Beautiful tree Bill!
I'd say you have already made your choice, most are nice but the deep cream oval I thinks suits the best.
shannon
shannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Summers Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:51 am

Walter Pall wrote:Number 1 and number 7 are my favorits. Number 1 is the best in design, but too small. Number 7 is long enough, but should be just a bit higher. If you force me to make a decision I would take number 7.

I thought the deep Cream oval (#6) gave the tree a real dignified look.

Now we know Walters choice in pots is not the best (said with tongue in cheek to the hopefully thick skinned Walter Razz ) But after reading what he said and looking again I am starting to agree with him that if the tree could be sunk a little lower into the shallower pot it does seem to suit it better.

Brett Summers

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Thomas Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:46 pm

Bill
How long will the vote go on?
I only counted deffinate votes and first choices, no multible choices, but there were a few hanging chads!
as I talley it
#1 - 5
2 - 1
3 - 3
4 - 2
5 - 0
6 - 11
7 - 19

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Klaudia & Martin Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:57 pm

Hello together

I'm really surprised about the choices.
In my unimportant opinion the only pot complimenting the tree by color is the first one.
Number 3, 6 and 7 are fine by form..while number 7 is a little more interesting.
BUT...the brightness of the cream glazes are much to conspicuous !!!

Well, here is what I'm thinking about....a quick shot with photoshop....pot number 7 in form but a little less shallow with the color of number 1 but a little darker.

Kind regards
Martin

[img]NEW CONTAINER SELECTION- HELP NEEDED - Page 2 Shallo11[/img]
Klaudia & Martin
Klaudia & Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next