Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japanese Bonsai Tools

+2
marcus watts
Mark>
6 posters

Go down

Japanese Bonsai Tools Empty Japanese Bonsai Tools

Post  Mark> Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi, I'm interested in buying concave and knob cutters but I can't find a local retailer of Japanese bonsai tools. Can someone help me locate a vendor? I'm residing in Manila, Philippines. TIA
Mark>
Mark>

Back to top Go down

Japanese Bonsai Tools Empty Re: Japanese Bonsai Tools

Post  marcus watts Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:19 pm

hi,
i buy my matsakuni tools online from the 'bonsai network japan' web site. they have the full range of matsakuni tools, and an alternative japanese brand too.

I pay in yen via paypal and the tools come in about 5 days - after i pay import duty etc i have saved 25-30% on the prices the same tools cost in the uk.

i have been very happy with the service from this site over quite a few years now.

Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:52 pm

And at the beginning of each month, they have special deals that offer additional savings.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark> Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:02 am

@John and Marcus,

Thanks for the tip! Smile

-Red
Mark>
Mark>

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:02 am

Hi Red ,
here's my cp 09228988707 i can foward number of Harbest here in manila where you can buy tools
Regards,
Alex Smile
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:19 am

I am sure that the tools that "Bonsai Network Japan" sells are good quality and I know that the US Dollar is way down, but the stainless long blade shears are 18,800 JPY which converts to $244 USD.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:36 pm

And they have many tools in the $30 range too... There's a wide range in quality and price.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark> Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:07 pm

ogie wrote:Hi Red ,
here's my cp 09228988707 i can foward number of Harbest here in manila where you can buy tools
Regards,
Alex Smile

I bought from harbest (megamall branch) unfortunately within a few months of usage, a part of my root cutter chipped off.
Mark>
Mark>

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:12 pm

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:I am sure that the tools that "Bonsai Network Japan" sells are good quality and I know that the US Dollar is way down, but the stainless long blade shears are 18,800 JPY which converts to $244 USD.
.....and your point is??

as in all things in life - you get exactly what you pay for - it holds true throughout the entire hobby - trees, pots, tools - the matsakuni tools are at the pinacle of tool making & quality, they are simply beautiful items to use that last a lifetime and give very high quality results due to their sharpness and design.

The site also offer many japanese made tools at much lower prices that are extremely good value as well, so you choose to your available budget at the time.
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  -Brent- Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:01 am

I see you came right with a local supplier, Red.
Very Happy
-Brent-
-Brent-

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down