Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Wise One

5 posters

Go down

Old Wise One Empty Old Wise One

Post  hiram Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:17 am

Old Wise One Enriqu11

Here is one of my Campeches ( Haematoxylon campechianum ). This tree is estimated to be over 100 years old. This what some of my Yamadori collector friend told me. Very harsh conditions. I just restyled it and it is growing in Yamaaki pot. Enjoy and I will keep posting its progression. Very Happy
hiram
hiram

Back to top Go down

Old Wise One Empty Re: Old Wise One

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:36 am

Unicorn
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Old Wise One Empty Knarly old tree

Post  Mitch Thomas Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:33 am

Hiarm
That's a cool tree. What stories it could tell. I love buttonwoods they come from the same climate zones don't they?

I think when the foliage fills in it will help balance the composition

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am

It great to see a campeche that is not a formal upright but knowing the compound leaf and growth habit of it, it will take a lot of work to maintain the style. What the heck that's what bonsai is about. Like Mr. Miyagi said - "wire on -wire off."
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  fM Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:46 am

very nice trunk i like it, it looks very old
fM
fM

Back to top Go down

Post  hiram Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:18 am

Old Wise One Bonsai10

This is what it used to look like. But I am always looking for the WOW FACTOR, so I decided to go this rout. Rob I know what you mean about informals. I have a few that I am working on, one is a cascade and one is slant with a whole bunch of deadwood. My best friend is working on a 5 trunk. As soon as he designs it I will post it for your enjoyment. These trees are getting very hard to find especially good ones, with movement, and deadwood. I went in May and I was lucky to be able to collect four. One of them is going to be awesome. Guy Guidry is going to be doing a Yamadori Campeche workshop this coming October 15, 2011 for the Bonsai Society of Miami. I will be receiving the trees within a few weeks. : Laughing
hiram
hiram

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:50 am

hiram wrote:Old Wise One Bonsai10

This is what it used to look like. But I am always looking for the WOW FACTOR, so I decided to go this rout. Rob I know what you mean about informals. I have a few that I am working on, one is a cascade and one is slant with a whole bunch of deadwood. My best friend is working on a 5 trunk. As soon as he designs it I will post it for your enjoyment. These trees are getting very hard to find especially good ones, with movement, and deadwood. I went in May and I was lucky to be able to collect four. One of them is going to be awesome. Guy Guidry is going to be doing a Yamadori Campeche workshop this coming October 15, 2011 for the Bonsai Society of Miami. I will be receiving the trees within a few weeks. : Laughing

Very major transformation. Looking forward to see how it does. thumbs up
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down