Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponderosa Pine questions

2 posters

Go down

Ponderosa Pine questions Empty Ponderosa Pine questions

Post  Joe Hatfield Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:53 pm

I have had a Ponderosa in my collection for a full season now. It was collected roughly 3 seasons ago and I feel it is ready for some grooming and shaping. I'm unsure as to when the best time in my region (6a-7b) Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA, to do some needle plucking. I do know the wiring and hard trimming should be done in fall through winter. But it's the needle plucking I'm really unsure of. I have seen and heard others on the forum doing decandeling but, I'm unsure if this applies to me. I do not have any lengthy candles. Maybe I am wrong in thinking that this tree is growing well and ready for work. Last year in June it had Pronounced candles and this year I'm Not seeing the same thing. I will include last years photo and this years.

Thanks

Last year

Ponderosa Pine questions 100_4410

Ponderosa Pine questions 100_4411

There are other pictures with larger candles, I just cant find them.

Here is this year.

Ponderosa Pine questions 100_5112

Ponderosa Pine questions 100_5113

Ponderosa Pine questions 100_5114

[img]Ponderosa Pine questions 100_5115[/img]
Joe Hatfield
Joe Hatfield

Back to top Go down

Ponderosa Pine questions Empty Re: Ponderosa Pine questions

Post  Orion Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:33 pm

Joe, I've never worked on them, but you may want to take a look at info. posted at www.phoenixbonsai.com and also take a look at and you may want to contact the guys at Golden Arrow Bonsai
Orion
Orion

Back to top Go down