black pines - decandle season

View previous topic View next topic Go down

black pines - decandle season

Post  boon on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:33 am

here are some pictures of Japanese Black Pine that we have decandled this season

half way done

after decandle and thinning needles

shohin

after

boon

Back to top Go down

Re: black pines - decandle season

Post  Tom McCue on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:41 am

Very nice Boon. I'll post pic of my JBP decandled and new adventitious buds galore tomorrow. Being from Michigan I am a little behind you. I have your videos which have given me a good plan and direction. I'm sticking to your instruction. Keep the videos coming

Tom

Tom McCue

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Jaeger on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:41 pm

These really are some beautiful trees. I am really fond of the first one. Do you know how old it is?

Neil

Neil Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post  boon on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Tom,
that is nice to hear. thank you for your support. we are working on Juniper DVD now.

Neil,
it was field grown. i think it was 35-40 years old. i have it over 10 years.

boon

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:44 pm

Boon,

Wonderful trees, nice to see the work you have done on them. The last 2 are spectacular, informal upright and shohin.

Question for you on needle treatment. How do you treat needles from former years? When you decandle, obviously this years' needles are removed with the candle, leaving last years' needles. How about older needles? Are they usually removed the fall before? So going into fall, do you only have needles on the decandled areas from that year? Would this be expected to allow for backbudding?

Thanks, Josh

Josh

Back to top Go down

Post  boon on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Josh wrote:Boon,

Wonderful trees, nice to see the work you have done on them. The last 2 are spectacular, informal upright and shohin.

Question for you on needle treatment. How do you treat needles from former years? When you decandle, obviously this years' needles are removed with the candle, leaving last years' needles. How about older needles? Are they usually removed the fall before? So going into fall, do you only have needles on the decandled areas from that year? Would this be expected to allow for backbudding?

Thanks, Josh

you ask good question. it will take too long to answer here. anyway, i have produce some DVD about black pine work. you can order from my website

http://bonsaiboon.com/pages/shopping.html

or you can go to
http://bonsaitonight.com/
Jonas who run this website is my student. He publishes the best information about bonsai.

boon

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Hi Boon

Very beautiful trees and very high quality work. Black Pine you are very happy. Great. Very Happy ThumbsUp

Pavel

Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  boon on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:25 am

Thank you, Pavel,

boon

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMind on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:34 am

สวัสดีครับอาจารย์บุญ
ถ้าเป็นที่เมืองไทยเราจะ decandle เมื่อไหร่ครับ
ผมมีสนดำที่ผมเพาะเองที่ร้อยเอ็ดครับ อายุเกือบๆสองปี ผมไม่แน่ใจว่าต้อง
ตัด candle หรือเปล่าครับ ขอบคุณครับ

MegaMind

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMind on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:36 am

รูปครับ

MegaMind

Back to top Go down

Post  boon on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:12 am

i am impressed to see that you can grow black pine. those trees are still too young to decandle. decandling techniques is used for the tree that you already have the trunk size that you want and branches should have structure. decandling will keep branches small. and will reduce the length of foliage(needles).
after decandling trunk will not thickened. it weakened the trees. you will need to have strong tree first
how big do you want your bonsai to be? wait until it is close to the size that you want.
then decandle.
i think the good time should be around july.

ผมประทับใจที่จะเห็นว่าคุณสามารถเติบโตสนดำ ต้นไม้เหล่านั้นจะยังคงเด็กเกินไปที่จะ decandle decandling เทคนิคที่ใช้สำหรับต้นไม้ที่ว่าคุณมีขนาดลำตัวที่คุณต้องการและกิ่งควรจะมีโครงสร้าง decandling จะทำให้กิ่งขนาดเล็ก และจะลดความยาวของใบ (เข็ม)
หลังจาก decandling ลำต้นจะไม่หนา มันลดลงต้นไม้ คุณจะต้องมีต้นไม้ที่แข็งแกร่งก่อน
คุณจะทำวิธีการใหญ่ต้องการของคุณบอนไซเป็นอย่างไร รอจนกว่าจะใกล้เคียงกับขนาดที่คุณต้องการ
แล้ว decandle
ฉันคิดว่าเวลาที่ดีควรจะประมาณเดือนกรกฎาคม

boon

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaMind on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:01 am

ขอบคุณครับอาจารย์บุญ จริงๆอาจารไม่ต้องลำบากแปลก็ใด้นะคับ ขอบคุณอีกครั้งคับถ้ามีปัญหาผมจะขอคำปรึกษาใหม่คับ

ด้วยความนับถือ
หมอใจ

MegaMind

Back to top Go down

Post  coh on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:17 pm

Beautiful trees. As someone who hasn't yet worked with pines, it's very helpful to see these kinds of before/after photos, so thanks for sharing!

Chris

coh

Back to top Go down

Post  boon on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:00 am

Doc, you're welcome. any time.

Coh, thanks, for your kind words.

boon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:10 am

Sponsored content