Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polishing live vein to contrast with deadwood

2 posters

Go down

Polishing live vein to contrast with deadwood Empty Polishing live vein to contrast with deadwood

Post  Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:45 pm

Hello IBC,

Here is a technique that I couldn't find much online, but I have seen beautiful junipers in shows where the live vein of the trunk has a distinct smoother texture and brighter wood color (almost reddish).

I need to know how the bark is smoothened and what material is brushed on the live vein to enhance the color. Also, how is the material applied on the bark.

Thanks,
- S

Back to top Go down

Polishing live vein to contrast with deadwood Empty Re: Polishing live vein to contrast with deadwood

Post  Damienindesert Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:07 pm

...Been wondering that myself.
Damienindesert
Damienindesert

Back to top Go down

Polishing live vein to contrast with deadwood Empty Polishing the live vien

Post  Mitch Thomas Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:25 pm

suburbia
I found this on the net a few days ago it is very informative. the first section is what you are needing.

I have used camillia oil misted on my cleaned live viens before to help show the off, also on pots during shows.
Hope this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAhVGIAP83M&feature=related

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Polishing live vein to contrast with deadwood Empty Re: Polishing live vein to contrast with deadwood

Post  Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:29 pm

It does help... thanks.

- S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down