Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olive is always good

3 posters

Go down

Olive is always good Empty Olive is always good

Post  moshe emergui Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:51 am

HI

This report is respectfully dedicated to Enrico Sabinii - who visited the nursery and saw the raw material.
The time has come, the wild olive waited patiently for his turn. With the help of my students
We worked on the tree and this is the result. The design is preliminary and the tree has a long way being a bonsai.
Carving and design process took about two days.

Olive is always good Dscn2714

Olive is always good Dscn2716Olive is always good Resimg10

moshe emergui
moshe emergui

Back to top Go down

Olive is always good Empty Sorry

Post  moshe emergui Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:56 am

Olive is always good 10
moshe emergui
moshe emergui

Back to top Go down

Olive is always good Empty Re: Olive is always good

Post  Hilton Meyer Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:35 pm

I am just starting my path of bonsai and justthe other day heard about your wonderful work. Now I you post on the forum just as I start using the site. I will have to plan a visit down to your nursery one of these weekends. I love olive tree's and have one in a huge pot that will one day hopefully become a bonsai.

Hilton Meyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:11 pm

Nice carving work. Its interesting that you decided not to continue the taper all the way to the top of the carved wood. I think it breaks a few rules but is distinctive.

I can't help but notice it's planted in an old ammunition crate- maybe it can be called the "Infared Flare Olive.

I am trying my first Olive bonsai - hopefully it will like Florida's climate. Hope it can handle the humidity.

PS The olive the guy is working on in the back right of the third photo is interesting as well. Can we see a photo of it?
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:31 am

Hello Moshe. Have you a close up of the carving. From the photo it looks very flat (no depth). That maybe due to the white wood and exposure.

Back to top Go down

Post  moshe emergui Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:17 am

Hilton Meyer wrote:I am just starting my path of bonsai and justthe other day heard about your wonderful work. Now I you post on the forum just as I start using the site. I will have to plan a visit down to your nursery one of these weekends. I love olive tree's and have one in a huge pot that will one day hopefully become a bonsai.
:)Welcome, I'd love to see you at my place.
moshe emergui
moshe emergui

Back to top Go down

Post  moshe emergui Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:15 am

Rob Kempinski wrote:Nice carving work. Its interesting that you decided not to continue the taper all the way to the top of the carved wood. I think it breaks a few rules but is distinctive.

I can't help but notice it's planted in an old ammunition crate- maybe it can be called the "Infared Flare Olive.

I am trying my first Olive bonsai - hopefully it will like Florida's climate. Hope it can handle the humidity.

PS The olive the guy is working on in the back right of the third photo is interesting as well. Can we see a photo of it?
HI Rob
I decided not to continue carving up the top end. Because I wanted the interesting part will be part of the tree top. I can change it, but once we removed can not return
I think you will not have a problem with olive trees in Florida, good luck with olive trees.
The image is also interesting olive
Olive is always good Z_24010

moshe emergui
moshe emergui

Back to top Go down

Post  moshe emergui Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:48 am

will baddeley wrote:Hello Moshe. Have you a close up of the carving. From the photo it looks very flat (no depth). That maybe due to the white wood and exposure.
HI WILL

Yesterday I worked on the tree. Most of the time with fire, burning the white part, for the good of the dead wood preservation, contact
Between the base and the top of the dead wood, flow, depth and contrast. hope i succeed.
Olive is always good Z_23911
moshe emergui
moshe emergui

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down