Mexican withe Pine Proyect

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mexican withe Pine Proyect

Post  Eusk69 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:39 am

Hi, I´m geting a pine from a farm and make it into a bonsai, here is the pic (sorry for the definition)

This pines are about 2 mts (6 1/2 feet) the name is pinus ayacahuite (similar to pinus strobus) is a very strong tree with a incredible backbudding. This trees had been cuting in a shape of a christmas tree for the last 6 years, and full of backbudding inside.
I´m thinking to cut it in half and clean some branches no more than 20% and then wait for a season with out taking it out of the ground.
Then do a branch selection no more than another 20% and dig it out (by the farmers) in sept/october.
Move it to my garden and wite 2-3 seasons to beging styling.
Any sugestion and coments will be welcome.

Eusk69

Back to top Go down

Re: Mexican withe Pine Proyect

Post  Eusk69 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:37 pm

No body have any comments or sugestions??

Is it rigth or its to agressive?
Can you do a yamadori like by pine tree doind this? confused

Eusk69

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:43 pm

ahaello there. It is very difficult to see from your picture what to do with it. What type of tree is it? It may be an idea to get a bit closer to the trunk, open the bush up and take a few photos to see if it is worth digging up.

Back to top Go down

Post  rock on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Eusk69 wrote:No body have any comments or sugestions??

Is it rigth or its to agressive?

Can you do a yamadori like by pine tree doind this? confused
This is a 5 needle, yes aggressive . Have experimented with several of the Mexican pines. Have abandoned most of them in favor of Japanese Black, Which everyone loves and grows great in hot dry climate as well.

I might be worth a try and the plan you described sounds fine, as always preserve at all cost your low branches

Good luck

rock

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski on Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:46 pm

Your plan sound reasonable. Try to find an interesting line in the tree. If it is ramrod straight you may want to look for a different tree.

I worked on some sort of Mexican pine when I was in Cordoba - I looked at ten needle clusters and there were 4 needles in each cluster. The needles were light green and had a faint white stripe on them, like a Pinus strobus. Do you have any idea what variety it could be?

Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Eusk69 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:40 am

Thanks for your comments,
Will I will take some better pictures next week and post them.
Rock, thanks, I will keep the lower branches as you recomended.
Rob, I dont know the variety, I will post more pictures and try to find out as much information as possible.

Thanks

Eusk69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum