San Francisco. Bonsai and suiseki

View previous topic View next topic Go down

San Francisco. Bonsai and suiseki

Post  Jeremy on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:52 am

Hi
I am on Holiday in California 28th June - 19th July.
I will be in San Francisco 29th June until 5th July.
My request therefore is can anyone suggest anything or anybody I should visit bonsai and suiseki related. Short notice I realise.
Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Jeremy

Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Re: San Francisco. Bonsai and suiseki

Post  JimLewis on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:50 pm

You might visit the Asian Arts Museum (wonderful place!). When I was last in SF (Sept '03) Felix Rivera and crew had a great Suiseki display there.

Then there is the SF Suiseki Kai -- http://sfsuisekikai.wordpress.com/ -- which is having an exhibit in early August, but you might contact some of them.

The SF Bonsai Society -- http://www.bssf.org/ -- says: BSSF General meetings are on the second Thursday of the month at 7:30pm. The members’ workshop is the following Thursday, 3rd Thursday of the month at 7pm. BSSF Board meetings are held on the Fourth Monday at 7pm. All of the meetings occur in the Hall of Flowers (Strybing Arboretum) at the corner of Ninth Ave and Lincoln Way. Enter through the parking lot at Tenth Ave and Lincoln and walk along the south side of the building to the club room.

There also is a store: Katsura Garden 1581 Webster St # 103, San Francisco, CA 94115-3640 (415) 931-6209

()I have never been there.

‎Although it prominently displays a bottle of superthrive on its first page, there also is http://www.maibanbonsai.com/

ENJOY! San Francisco is the best city in the US.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Jim,
Thank you. I'll check them out.
Timing is everything. It's a small window to fit everything in that i want to do an d see.

Thanks again.
regards,
jeremy.

Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulH on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:40 pm

Absolutely don't miss the chance to cross the bay to Oakland and visit the GSBF Collection at Lake Merritt. It is the Northern collection of trees donated by California artists. It's wonderful!
You could also visit Grove Way Bonsai Nursery in Hayward. Or go north to Sebastapol and visit Lone Pine Gardens.
If you make it east to Sacramento send me a message and I'll make sure you see some great bonsai.

Paul

PaulH

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:20 pm

Paul.
Thank you. All your suggestions look good.
I'll check the map and with my wife. I'll be in LA for 3 days. hope to see it all.
regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:20 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum