Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pot id please help.

4 posters

Go down

Pot id please help. Empty Pot id please help.

Post  ramonan16 Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:36 am

I bought this pot at a carboot sale in Ireland for 1 euro,just wondering if it was worth it,and if anybody has any info on it pease.It is 65mmmm in lenth 95mm wide. Thanks.Pot id please help. Z073810Pot id please help. Z074010 Pot id please help. Z073910
ramonan16
ramonan16

Back to top Go down

Pot id please help. Empty Re: Pot id please help.

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:08 am

I don't think it is a valuable collectable pot, it might even be Chinese (based on the apparent weight) but for one Euro, I think it is a good buy? Keeping in mind as an American I have no idea of the current value of a Euro relative to the US Dollar, or how big or small 95 mm is.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  ramonan16 Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Thanks Billy,it looks nice and plain so think i will keep it anyway,I might plant it later on this year.
ramonan16
ramonan16

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:52 pm

Just to show that Florida Crackers can use the internet for other than the IBC, One EURO is equal to about $1.45 USD and 95 mm is about 4 inches.
So this is a smallish pot for about a buck and a half.
A good price even if it is Chinese, and it may be Japanese. But the weight and wall thickness makes me think Chinese.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi Ramonan... I am not very skilled at character recognition but radical #52 Wiki link HERE (itogashira, J. or alternatively yao, Ch.) meaning "tiny, dim" appears to be above the character for "mountain" (yama or san, J., or alternatively "shan, Ch.") to suggest the potters art name. If correct, these would suggest a potter known as "Tiny (or Dim) Mountain."

Or maybe not... :-(

Good hunting, in any case!!!
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  ramonan16 Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:04 pm

Thanks chris for the info,still trying to figure this one out,but anyway it was worth the money even for its looks if nothing else.
ramonan16
ramonan16

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan B Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:15 am

Hello Ramonan. This pot is made by Echizen Bunzan. Some of his pots are quite valued and nice, particularly his multi color glaze pots, and some of his painting pots. This pot retails in Japan for about 1200¥, so at 1 Euro, I think you made out pretty well!

Ryan
http://japanesepots.wordpress.com/

Ryan B

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:11 pm

Great catch, Ryan. Thanks for the identification & link to your instructive web blog.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  ramonan16 Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Cheer's Ryan.
Thanks very much for your info pal, great link too with good information and photo's.
ramonan16
ramonan16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum