Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What we did on our holidays (or, If it's Thursday, it must be Slovakia!)

+26
graham walker
bonsai monkey
Jeremy
Kev Bailey
Jakubslovak
mariobonsai
Morea
DangerousBry
Ian Young
Rob Kempinski
Paul B (Scotland)
ferdy-san
Bob Brunt
Mikey P
matt addie
alex e
GerhardGerber
Ed van der Reek
Dan Barton
handy mick
Stone Monkey
John Quinn
Chris Cochrane
fiona
Russell Coker
Harleyrider
30 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What we did on our holidays (or, If it's Thursday, it must be Slovakia!) - Page 3 Empty Re: What we did on our holidays (or, If it's Thursday, it must be Slovakia!)

Post  mariobonsai Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:15 pm

Thanks for sharing!
mariobonsai
mariobonsai

Back to top Go down

What we did on our holidays (or, If it's Thursday, it must be Slovakia!) - Page 3 Empty Re: What we did on our holidays (or, If it's Thursday, it must be Slovakia!)

Post  Ian Young Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:26 pm

Steve, You must be absolutely buzzing after all that!! It was a clever move by Mr Tickle to take you along.
No wonder you are delighted with that Sylvestris. What a beauty.
Thanks again for sharing and taking all that time to give us the in's and out's!! ThumbsUp
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:37 pm

Buzzing isn't the word Ian!

I'm not so sure about it being a clever move on Tony's part to have me tag along. He always forgets that I have a knack for getting pics of him in some very compromising positions!

Yeah, my new tree! I can't wait to get hold of it again and have a proper look. I was too stunned last time I saw it.

No worries mate, it's my pleasure. I tend tom write these things for myself as much as anybody else. If other folk enjoy them too, then that's a bonus.

Take care pal,

Steve

PS: I think a wee jaunt over the Irish Sea wouldn't go amiss. You have been warned!
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  ferdy-san Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:08 pm

How on Earth do you expect anyone not to be jealous, and at the same time extremely gratefull for such a amazing report of 4 days spent in heaven with great people, delicious food, amazing bonsai, and yamadori mugos that you just have to pick up, with no diging at all, on the other hand, i guess i have olives and junipers, and cork oaks, and... but i am still jealous Mad Smile cheers Steve, this was one of the best posts i have read in this forum so far, and i am happy it helped so much on your bonsai education, even taking in consideration you already have one of the best masters in the world to learn from, Thank You, mate.
Fernando Bernardino

ferdy-san

Back to top Go down

What we did on our holidays (or, If it's Thursday, it must be Slovakia!) - Page 3 Empty Steve'S story

Post  Jakubslovak Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Thank you Steve for your story. I read all of your chapters which you written and remembering on everything what happend. It was a great 5 days. It was big privilege spent these days with you and Tony. I can practise my english, enjoy a lot of fun, have a trip in mountains, and the biggest think ....spent time with you my friends. Thanks a lot one more time. cheers

I have to apologise to you Steve and your story readers as well that i still didnt send you photos of trees which we collected. But right now i am still on our bonsai exhibition to Monday evening and on Tuesday morning i have to go back to my university. I should be back on Thursday afternoon so i promise i will send you photos during the weekend. So sorry about that Bonsai guys.

I you want visit my photo blog you can follow this link: http://jakubslovak.blogspot.com/ but you should know i am not photographer like Steve said. I am still something less than beginner.
Question

Jakubslovak

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Wonderful post Steve, thanks for all the effort you put into it. You and Tony certainly had one of those trips of a lifetime there!
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Great photos and reports all of you. Looks like you had a great time (and then some), and amazing surroundings too.

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:45 pm

Lots of effort to post such an entertaining thread. Thanks much!
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B (Scotland) Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:51 pm

A Very well told, great bonsai story.......Nice one Steve Smile

Hopefully see you soon mate (I'm thinking about Burrs again, and it's name is already creeping into more and more posts here)

Cheers

Paul
Paul B (Scotland)
Paul B (Scotland)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:59 pm

Harleyrider wrote:Buzzing isn't the word Ian!

PS: I think a wee jaunt over the Irish Sea wouldn't go amiss. You have been warned!

I can't promise you either the food or the trees you been posting here, just friendship, alcohol and craic Laughing You would be more than welcome mate. You could time it to coincide with the Northwest 200. thumbs up
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:57 pm

No alcohol for me thanks mate. Everything else sounds perfect!
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:46 am

Steve, do you or Tony have any guess as to the elevations of the two areas were you did the collecting? Just curious.
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Russell Coker wrote:Steve, do you or Tony have any guess as to the elevations of the two areas were you did the collecting? Just curious.

Hi Russell... Steve does say that we were 'mile high' so that can give you an idea Cool

As you have gathered this was a great trip for Steve... and me... The bonsai world is blessed that many participants offer hospitality freely and share willingly. On the guys return to Burrs they in turn will be looked after well...

Bonsai has... for me... built friendships free of political, religious, and ignorance across many countries, in taking Steve over to meet up with the guys is (as Steve mentioned) another extension of his path to creating better bonsai.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Thank you Steve for a very entertaining and enjoyable report.
My wife Shocked time out to read the whole of it.
Now that is praise indeed.
Tony you are clearly doing a lot of the real leg work for all of the bonsai nuts
The fellowship of Bonsai worldwide grows. Way to go Guys and Gals.
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:56 pm

Bravo Steve (and Tony) for such an entertaining thread. It's taken a few goes to fifnish, between babysitting duties, but well worth the wait. I'd really love to meet Pavel and yourself at Burrs this year and I'm working damn hard to see if I can swing it. Anyone know how to earn Bonsai Brownie points??

Ook, Ook,
Simon

PS
I know how you feel Steve being gifted wonderful things, it does take you aback, and I find it difficult and quite often look like a rabbit in headlights (or is that how I always look!!)
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:40 pm

Steve does say that we were 'mile high' so that can give you an idea
Tony, you realise that statement is going to follow us around now, don't you? Rolling Eyes

You already have one of the best masters in the world
Ferdy-san, you realise I'm never going to hear the last of this now, don't you? Rolling Eyes

Jakub: You forget that I have seen your photographs of splashing water! I think you are too modest, my friend. And I agree, it was a wonderful time, and to spend it with friends made it even more special.

Kev, Morten, John, Paul B, Jeremy & Mrs Jeremy, Simon: Thanks for all your kind words. It was a priveledge to bring our escapades to you and to know that they in some small way entertained you.

Morten commented on one of my posts! YES!!! bounce
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  graham walker Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:28 am

Fantastic account of your trip, Steve.
I thought Tony was only taking you to carry his bags !!!!
The photos showed some fantastic trees, both Pavel's and Mirek's
Looking forward to seeing the collected trees when they arrive in November

Again many thanks for the detailed account
Graham

graham walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:30 am

Steve, thank you for sharing your wonderful trip with us. I felt like I was there! Beautiful people, trees, scenery, food and gardens. Wow!
Best, Todd
(P.S. A great benefit of not drinking alcohol is that you get to remember everything and no hangovers! Wink )
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  wabashene Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:59 pm

Fabulous record and trees.

Travel, food, adventure plus Bonsai - the sort of thing that bestselling books are made of !

TimR
wabashene
wabashene

Back to top Go down

What we did on our holidays (or, If it's Thursday, it must be Slovakia!) - Page 3 Empty Re : What we did on our holidays (or,If it's Thursday.it must be Slovakia!)

Post  Bob Brunt Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:41 pm

Nah !
This is not a Holiday.......Sounds more like the script to a great adventure film..The IBC GOONIES..When does it get released guys.Steve could be played by Billy Connoly...Tony could by played by Ricky Gervais.Mirek by Ray Winstone...Pavel by Ralph Fiennes....etc etc etc...
Well done Steve...A natural born story teller Best thread on the IBC....................so far ! Very Happy
Bob Brunt
Bob Brunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Embarassed Stop it now, you'll have me blushing!

Once again, thanks for all your kind words. It gladdens my heart to know that I've brought a chink of light into your otherwise dull and meaningless little lives. Very Happy

Joke, btw!

This is not a Holiday.......
I thought you were going to break out into the sexy M&S voiceover woman then Bob!
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:47 pm

Harleyrider wrote: It gladdens my heart to know that I've brought a chink of light into your otherwise dull and meaningless little lives. Very Happy

Yes, well, I'm glad what happened in Slovakia didn't stay in Slovakia. Thanks for sharing - at least the "g rated" parts.
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:08 pm

LOL, no problems, Russell.

I'm keeping the X rated stuff for my memoires!
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  newzealandteatree Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:06 am

Thanks for sharing an interesting episode of your bonsai journey. I am impressed by the spirit of friendship and hospitality generated thru bonsai.
Cheers, CJ
http://newzealandteatreebonsai.blogspot.com/
newzealandteatree
newzealandteatree

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Sounds more like the script to a great adventure film..The IBC GOONIES..When does it get released guys.Steve could be played by Billy Connoly...Tony could by played by Ricky Gervais.Mirek by Ray Winstone...Pavel by Ralph Fiennes....etc etc etc...
Bob could be played by Tony Robinson Very Happy
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next